“Fabulous!!!!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

My Husband And I , Along With Our Five Children, Were Visiting Family In Richmond. We Luckily Stumbled Into The Savory Grain. The Menu Was Full Of Many Different Choices. The Executive Chef Came To Our Beautiful Farm Table And Also Offered Several Kid Friendly Foods That He Was Willing To Prepare. Our Food Was Fresh,HoT, And Delicious! The Desserts Were Also Winners! Also, The Wait Staff Were Very Attentive. We NevEr Had To Even Ask For Drink Refill. I HiGhly Recommend This Place. It Will Be A Regular Stop For Us During Future Visits. Bon Appite!!!!

Reviewed 20 April 2013

We went for an early dinner to Savory Grain, a relatively new addition to the interesting Richmond, VA restaurant scene. Richmond is fortunate to have many independenly owned unique restaurants which is wonderful in a country dominated by "chain" corporate eateries. Richmond is also fortunate to have beautiful old buildings with exposed brick walls that funky restaurants seem to fit in nicely.

We both had the grilled romaine salad with figs, blue cheese, almonds, and tempura onions to start. Really delicious with interesting flavors. I had the pasta with prawns, clams, and capers in a lemon butter sauce. Really outstanding and the sauce is a 10! My girlfriend had the pork chop with mushroom sauce and mac and cheese. Also excellent.

The prices were moderate, the wine selection was good (how many restaurants have a Portuguese Vino Verde?), and the atmosphere and service were great. Richmond is a wonderful town with many great restaurants and I put Savory Grain in the top ten. There is a serious chef in the kitchen and the menu reflects this. Highly recommended and we will go back for more.

1  Thank larry126
Reviewed 8 April 2013

A Richmond friend recommended this new restaurant. A great suggestion. The menu is varied -- meat, seafood and vegetarian. Our choices were excellently prepared and tasty. The ingredients are often from local farms and so are really fresh. Nice wine selection and over 20 beers, including a number from Virginia brewers. The interior is cozy, attractive and includes a bar. Great place.

2  Thank DianeF60895
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We met an old classmate for drinks while visiting my boyfriends college town. So we met at savory grain.....it is was fantastic. So many beers to try and the appetizers were phenomenal. I ordered the cheesy Texas toast that was grilled......unbelievable favors in the mix of cheeses...I am not a big fan of Texas toast but I will definitely eat their rendition. My boyfriend had the calamari...fried....very tender and the jalapeño creamy dip that went with it was incredible...they even had a fried egg on top.

When we return to Richmond we will make it a point to stop here again!