“Thank You Mellow Mushroom”
Review of Mellow Mushroom

Mellow Mushroom
Ranked #22 of 1,643 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Mellow Mushroom's menu showcases natural flavors and the freshest of ingredients in a creative menu assortment of pizzas, hoagies, salads, calzones, appetizers and vegetarian and vegan options. Gluten free crust and a kids menu are also available. Fantastic pizza and 40 taps with some great local brews. We also cater on order of $150+ within 20 minutes of Carytown.
Reviewed 9 October 2013

DELICIOUS...DELICIOUS...DELICIOUS. Definitely the best pizza in Richmond...and probably the best I have ever had. The crust is absolute perfection and the assortment is creative and innovative. We tried the ultimate veggie (although I opted to leave off the tofu and feta) and the loaded baked potato. Both were fabulous. We also had the dip for an appetizer that has sausage and cheese...and who knows what else. It was great as well.

The decor is tons of fun. A solid beer list. Not much of a wine selection. And we sat at one of the high top tables which was not very comfortable. The seats are small and very slippery...so it was hard to sit comfortably without sliding off. The only thing keeping this review from being a 5 is the seating and weak wine list. But don't let that stop you from this great culinary experience.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Went to get lunch here on a whim. Never heard of Mellow Mushroom until I had walked in. Pizza was great, the crust is amazing. Didn't have outstanding service but did not receive BAD service, as seems to be the case after seeing other reviews. Highly recommended.

1  Thank GoofyT00th
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I ate lunch there on Labor Day and the food was excellent. The waitress took our order and the food came out quickly. However, the order was wrong. I had ordered off of the weekday lunch menu and ordered a slice of Pepperoni and a slice of Sausage. I got two slices of Pepperoni. She rectified the situation by expediting my Sausage slice and gave me the extra Pepperoni slice to take home. By the time I ate my first slice of Pepperoni the slice of Sausage arrived at my table. Excellent example of turning a negative situation into a positive one. Great customer service!

I have been there three times since it has opened and I have to say that I usually have some issue with the service. Not an issue with a server with a bad attitude, just order mix ups. However, the servers and managers always work hard to rectify the situation. I will definitely go back again. The food is too good and the beer selection is excellent.

One suggestion, try and get there early for lunch as it gets very busy. Also, get the pretzel appetizer...

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Like many of the other comments, I really enjoyed my pizza at Mellow Mushroom, but the delay and the service left something to be desired.

There were four of us eating - three adults and a child. The kiddo got a kids meal and the rest of us each got a 10" pizza. The kids meal was brought to the table first, which is normally a good thing, but in this case it arrived so far in advance of the pizzas that my 3 year old dining companion was completely finished by the time the grownups at the table got their food. Certainly a recipe for disaster!

The restaurant was packed, and it was 7 pm on a Saturday night but still, I think the kitchen needs to work on their timing a bit.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

I've been twice and enjoyed the food very much. The restaurant is really neat looking, open and modern. Good wine/beer/cocktail list. My only complaint is the servers. Both times they've been terrible. I don't know if the restaurant is hiring inexperienced servers who can't handle the crowds, or are giving them too many tables or just not training them adequately. But they aren't that friendly, not that helpful, disappear for long periods of time and got our order wrong both visits. The second visit the mistake was blamed on us. There are two kinds of crust to order - regular and thin. We ordered thin. A regular pizza arrived. We asked that it be corrected and were told no, you asked for thick crust. Huh?? Is thick crust even an option?

Anyways, I hope they get the kinks out because I want to love this place but I'm going to give them some time to get their ducks in a row. The food isn't awesome enough to deal with bad service every visit.