“Alternative atmosphere + good pizza = epic”
Review of Mellow Mushroom

Mellow Mushroom
Ranked #22 of 1,620 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Mellow Mushroom's menu showcases natural flavors and the freshest of ingredients in a creative menu assortment of pizzas, hoagies, salads, calzones, appetizers and vegetarian and vegan options. Gluten free crust and a kids menu are also available. Fantastic pizza and 40 taps with some great local brews. We also cater on order of $150+ within 20 minutes of Carytown.
Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

We went here for lunch with a couple who had been here before and recommended it. Love the location, the building is in Carytown section of Richmond and used to house Plan 9 Records, that moved across the street.
Food was very good. I had lunch special of soup and tossed salad with balsamic vinaigrette, the soup was tiny bit salty for my taste but not overpowering. Another in our party got lunch special of slice of pizza with salad. He picked the turkey pizza slice, thin crust, delicious, and the enlightened salad with pecans, spinach, feta, cranberries, and apple with honey mustard dressing. Couple got the wakin' bacon pizza with two eggs sunny side up on white pizza base, asparagus, cilantro, also delicious.
Ambiance is bright, artsy decor with lots of wall decorations, lovely bar with forty beers on tap and three big screen TVs. Kind of loud when its full at lunch. One person had Stella Artois beer for $4.50. The bill for food for for at lunch was $42.00 plus tax and tip.
Service was attentive but not overly so, and food came out fast. Recommended!

There are newer reviews for Mellow Mushroom

Reviewed 17 December 2013

The pizza here is very good. I wasn't expecting them to be quite as great as they were and I was thoroughly impressed. I will definitely be back soon!

Reviewed 7 December 2013

This place is great. We've only done takeout, but they do a great job with gluten free pizza, making it in a separate kitchen so there's no contamination. So glad it's finally made it to Richmond!

Reviewed 6 December 2013

I've heard good things about Mellow Mushroom, so while shopping on Cary Street, I decided to check it out.

The restaurant is large and funky with 60's music memorabilia on the walls. Varied menu ...sandwiches and salads in addition to luscious sounding pizza. I tried a slice of cheese and black olive pizza. Sounds boring, but I was blown away.. perfect sauce and cheese with a delicious crunchy thin crust.

I'll defiantly go back, maybe tonight!

Reviewed 31 October 2013

First off, the decor and vibe of the place is fantastic. Add to that the fact that the pizza is INCREDIBLE, and it's already a winner. But the icing on the cake for us was when the waiter got my girlfriend's order wrong he not only apologized and corrected it, but insisted on comping the pizza for us, in a great display of excellent customer service.