“Forest City Roll is the Bomb!”
Review of Haiku Sushi & Lounge - CLOSED

Haiku Sushi & Lounge
Price range: US$0 - US$25
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 June 2013

So I didn't want to cook last week (shocker!) and convinced the hubs we need to try out the new sushi place right by our house. It's in the old Sensi location and they've made some tweaks to the layout. The mesh curtain that was used to cut the room in half when it wasn't full now curves along the bar area to separate it from the dining area. The back wall is the sushi bar. I didn't notice where it was until after we were in a booth - but that's where I'll be heading next visit.

We started with sashimi and ordered uni (a huge portion for $7.50) and then mackerel and red clam. Each order is only two pieces for your $4.50-$4.75, so it feels a little dear. However flavors were fresh and on point so no complaints on that. Next time I may swing by Sumo Sam for sashimi before hitting Haiku.

The rolls are where they REALLY shine! Oh my goodness! We had the Spider Roll, the Forest City Roll, and the Volcano Roll. The Forest City Roll had lobster people! You know how I feel about lobster! Seriously big pieces of tempura lobster sticking out of the roll. In case you are thinking, how would I eat that? I ate it with my hands. You're welcome.

I had a Bell's Two Hearted which seems to be my sushi go to beer from a really well curated beer list. We will definitely be back here so I can get my Forest City Roll on.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

This restaurant had just opened up June 1, 2013 and we were there four days later. We were impressed. They have an interesting menu that's more than sushi- it includes ceviche, tempura, pho, and Thai food among others. We ordered sushi. My daughter pronounced the spicy tuna roll the biggest she'd ever seen. The forest city roll which included lobster tempura was amazing- just melted in your mouth and it also was huge. Eel roll and shrimp tempura were also good and reasonably priced. It's an attractive restaurant, very modern, with a bar. We will be back. We understand that the bento boxes at lunch are really big but we didn't get there at lunch. There is easy street and lot parking and it's a great addition to a great neighborhood.