“Great seafood and beer!”
Review of Pearl Raw Bar

Pearl Raw Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Pearl Raw Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #174 of 1,619 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Ate dinner on a Friday night. Was able to get table without reservation. The beer selection was good; I wanted a brown ale and they had "wood-booger" from Strangeways--this was really awesome!! Had the local oysters and as an afficianado, I can say that they did a really good job shucking. Very clean and all the juice was in the shell. fresh and tasty!

We had seared Rockfish and glazed Salmon. Both were well done and the included sides were fresh, with good flavors. Only complaint was the portions could have been a little bigger, but thats what you get with a more reasonable price. Still-- I left happy!!

I noticed that the table next to me got one of all the desserts. They looked good. Same table ordered Oyster Rockefeller appetizer and made me wish I had done the same. Looked perfectly done and a good price for the portion. I'll be back some day.

There are newer reviews for Pearl Raw Bar

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Great place to go for Sunday brunch! Lots of choices on the menu. Food was excellent as well as the service. Will definitely return!

Reviewed 4 November 2013

We visited Pearl Raw Bar yesterday for brunch while we were in town visiting our son and his family. There were six of us, four adults and two children. We were greeted by the hostess and seated immediately upon arriving, as we made reservations for 11 AM. Our waitress greeted us and took a drink order. While we were waiting for our drink orders, we decided to order a plate of the chesapeake oysters. Waitress brought our drinks, took our appetizer order of oysters, and took our brunch order as well. As time went on, nothing was coming out, but we were enjoying each other's company. Before long, the waitress came over and said our oysters will be coming out shortly. We were okay with that, and kept on with conversations. Before long, she came back again saying sorry, they are still working on the oysters. Again, we acknowledged her and went back to our conversations. Third time again, she came back, and said the same thing...sorry...still working... Then we were wondering what was going on? Saw the restaurant was getting busy, and tables had turned over that had been there before us. Food was coming out, but not going to us. Then we started to get a little fidgety. Our food hadn't even come out. I was wishing the manager would have come over and at least treated us to a drink or something for our long wait. I think we waited for almost an hour, then the oysters came out, (they were fresh and delicious!) we ordered more drinks, and our food was finally delivered. When it was delivered, it was piping hot, and delicious. We had ordered the Red Eye Benedict, Crab Omelet, Crab Benedict, and Croque Madame. The children had the scrambled eggs and bacon. I never looked at my watch when the food came, because at that point, waiting for an hour, we were all very hungry! When we finished our meal, paid the check, had a quick coffee and dessert to go (coconut cake was delicious!), we finally exited the restaurant at 12:45. I thought that was a little long for a breakfast wait, and was just disappointed with the fact that we waited so long and no one did anything to fix it, like comp us a drink or even a free dessert. We will go back again, the food was delicious, and I hope next time the wait is that long, the manager steps up and does something about it to make us feel better.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We went for happy hour. They had 3.00 high ball drinks, a dozen raw clams for $8.00(hard to find in Richmond) & 5.00 fish tacos. Everything was good. We tried to stay untli 9:00 pm but we couldn't hang. They have another bar upstairs where the DJ plays Friday & Saturday night. I have to get back there to get my dance on. lol

1  Thank rsteno
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We traveled here on the recommendation of my high school classmate's wife -- She Who Must Be Obeyed -- and found her to be spot on with this recommendation. Husband feasted happily on oysters on the half shell while I finished every bite of the outstanding crab cakes. Several rooms available -- we were in the one farthest from the front door. Parking is a challenge.

1  Thank Katharine C

Been to Pearl Raw Bar? Share your experiences!