“Great Food, Service still needs attention”

The Daily Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #45 of 1,661 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We strive to serve foods that are not only delicious but also health conscious, environmentally friendly and socially responsible. We use organic, all natural, local and sustainable ingredients as much as possible while still keeping our prices fair. In addition, we also offer an extensive selection of vegetarian, vegan and gluten free items.
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Visited Daily after stumbling upon it 1 year ago for a soft opening. Food was great, tasty and fresh, ample portions, but someone really needs to work with training the service. While our server was very helpful and knowledgable with the menu and beer selections, the delivery of same was lacking. All of the food portions were delivered by someone different than the server. We ordered mussels appetizer, delivered with no bowl for shells, no mussel fork, and no bread for dipping up the delicious broth. Before we good say anything, the person who had thrown down the bowl was gone. (The place was about 1/2 full, not peak dining time). A beer choice that was reviewed in detail with the server prior to the main course, was never delivered. Water wasn't refilled until after the bill was delivered. Other than the selecting process, service was perfunctory. Not terrible, but the quality of the food here deserves better.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I love The Daily! There menu options are diverse and can meet all diet needs. Whether your diet needs are gluten free or vegan or whether you are a hungry carnivore with no diet needs. In addition to the great food, the servers are always knowledgable and friendly.

1  Thank Abbey W
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

Stopped in at The Daily when on a quick visit to see family last month. My sister and I wanted to try it, but we needed to eat quickly so we sat at the bar. Lunchtime was semi-crowded on a Thursday, but the bar had plenty of room. I got the carrot ginger soup with the truffled grilled cheese sandwich. My sister got the burger. All were phenomenal. The drink list is pretty great, quite a few beers, and there are several inexpensive lunchtime cocktails. I loved that there was a chalkboard on the wall letting you know where the meats and some other items were from, nice touch. Looking forward to being home again and trying more of the menu.

Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

We were drawn to this restaurant by their open air dining and nice menu after an afternoon of shopping and sightseeing. Our server was friendly and helpful. I ordered roast chicken, which came with mashed potatoes and asparagus. Our server was very friendly and helpful; she recommended their Brussels sprouts, so I swapped them for the asparagus. My husband ordered a burger. We enjoyed bread with dipping oil before the meal arrived. Both meals were very good! Their menu also featured some apps and desserts that looked good but we weren't hungry enough to try this trip. Hope to eat here again on our next visit to Richmond.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Have been to the daily which is situated in Cary town several times now, each time my husband and I have gone at lunch or early afternoon ,so we have not had to wait for a table. Past 6 30pm the line starts and honestly for good reason, the menu has many different items to choose from including Gluten free bread. The last time I went I tried the Chicken Panini with Gouda Yum with sweet potato fries which were Fresh,Not frozen. My husband had a salad which he kept saying umm many times about, which is always a good sign. We plan to go on a Sunday next for their brunch menu, which we already took a glance at...and it looks really good. Cant wait. The waiter said it started at 10-4 pm so to go early like 10.30 am or late like 3pm if we didn't want to wait in line. Something to think about.
The wait people are very friendly and there really isn't a bad seat in the place its open and spacious with lots of light, a great crown with lots of energy all adding to the ambience. I really am impressed with this restaurant. I think its going to be around for a while.Plus if you like people watching, this place is right down your alley. Perfect ! Parking can be a bit tricky but its worth it...give it a try...

1  Thank Bornabrit