“tops in every catagory”

The Viceroy
Walnut Creek, California
“tops in every catagory”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

two people told us about this place and three of us went there my wife and I who are from California and a local Richmonder. Our server, Jess was exceptional and really helpful with suggestions, food was off the hook good, all of it. We had soft shells, octopus, rack of wild boar, onion soup, and a mozzarella app that was fantastic. I grew up in Richmond and it has never been know as a food town but this place could change that, hope the locals support this type of fine casual dinning. A real winner and we will return

Visited May 2014
1 Thank gary d

Richmond, Virginia
“Viceroy ”
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

Super food with a nice atmosphere. A little bit on the noisy side. Varied menu with unique items, and a dessert selection that was amazingly delicious. Highly recommend.

Richmond, Virginia
“Nice and Trendy”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I lived next to Viceroy for about a year and visited a few times. The atmosphere is very cool, with a nice bar and fun decorations. You can tell a lot of work was put into the remodel of this restaurant. The bar has an ample tap list with some great craft beer variety. The bartenders were friendly and knowledgeable every time as well. I never found a sweet spot with the food at Viceroy however. They try hard to have unique artsy food, which I can definitely see people liking, but I never found a dish I fell in love with. However, I always seemed to be willing to come back to try something else. The food costs a little more than most places in the area, with a typical date costing around $50. I'd say it's a great place if you're in the mood for some artsy food and good beers, but for me just a little too costly to be a regular dinner spot.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Kevin R
“Many choices”
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had dinner on a cold Saturday evening in January. When we walked in, we were very impressed with the changes the owners had made since taking over the space from a prior establishment. It is a very welcoming atmosphere with a variety of seating options. After being greeted and seated by a friendly and efficient hostess, we were presented with an array of menus. The main menu was filled with interesting choices, as was the list of specials, any many reflected the "winter" season. It was an almost overwhelming amount of dishes, both appetizers and entrees. We had a variety of small plates from scallops to sweetbreads to tuna tartare. While we enjoyed most of the food, I couldn't help but think that if they reduced the menu items, they could concentrate more on the preparation and presentation of the ones that remained. The food was good, but not outstanding. There were some very creative dishes, but none that really blew us away. I will say the service was excellent and the wine list was well thought out and reasonably priced. All in all, it is a good addition to the Richmond restaurant scene, and we will certainly return.

Visited January 2014
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Neighborhood Style Not a Destination”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I love neighborhood places to eat and hang out in. The Viceroy is such a place, kind of a kicked up place where not everyone will know your name. But living in another part of the city, I don't think the Viceroy is worth a drive for a dining experience or meal before an event. Best part of our visit was service which was off the charts awesome. Our server did everything to make us comfortable, help us make selections, and answer questions. She even went out of her way to take an item off the bill because we expressed some dissatisfaction. There is no doubt Viceroy will go out of their way to make you feel at home. The food however was average at best the evening we were there. Beer selection - a draw for us on this night - was ok but nothing unique that other establishments in town don't offer. Parking was ridiculous as it is in general in the neighborhood where Viceroy is located.

• Visited January 2014