“nom nom nom!!!! fried pickles!!!!!!!!!”
Review of Galaxy Diner

Galaxy Diner
Ranked #152 of 1,719 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 13 January 2014

ive seen several negative or just "ok" reviews about this lil place and to each his own, but this place is the bomb diggy!!!! lol.. ok ok.. maybe im a lil bias because i lived within walking distance for a few years.. maybe its because i like the vibe.. maybe its because the food is yummy greasy fattening diner food.. originally being from ny, i have a hard time saying that any "diner" south of jersey is even a "real" diner, but this place comes close and the funky atmosphere and diverse crowd really make up for it. the fried pickles are out of this world!!! careful, they are piping hot inside, i swear i've had 3rd degree burns from them!! but they are soooooo good, i cant wait until they cool down. the burger platter is just simply heaven. try the mashed taters, they are delish. the sodas are big enough to share and they give you free refills. at the end of the meal, the waiter or waitress (probably a hipster or metal head adorned with lots of delicious ink and metal and possibly dreads) will hand you the check and a couple pieces of bubble gum or tootsie rolls =) grab a lil book of matches on the way out. one of the best late nite spots around, too.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

No the food is not all healthy but who cares? It is what it is. There are salads and veggie choices on the menu all very good but you must have the fried Oreos for a true Galaxy experience. Our kids love it and the prices are reasonable so the whole family is happy. I hope this diner is here for another 50 years

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Every time we go to Galaxy Diner I'm reminded of how good simply food can be. Not that they are simple, but sometimes it is so easy for a restaurant to ruin a salad or sandwich. NOT at Galaxy. And I love their space chips!

Reviewed 27 August 2013

The diner is regular diner fare - however, hamburger was huge! Fries are average. Also ordered a breakfast, omelet - 3 eggs but it seemed small however, filled with ingredients! Off Careytown drag, a safe bet for simple lunch fare. Price range in $10 area.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

I am rating this place 5 stars on food because the expectation is diner food, not fine cuisine, and they have done VERY well every time I have come here. The reason I go with 4 OVERALL is because of service and cleanliness. Service is kind of a hit or miss, you either have a waitress who seems out of it and not caring...or you have a very sweet attentive waitress. Cleanliness is decent, until you go into the bathroom or start to take a very close at the kitchen. It doesn't deter me because I have never had an issue from the food, and I don't really worry about bathrooms too much. The food...wonderful. I have honestly not had any BAD food here, maybe some okay food, but never bad. I go with 5 stars because I have been here so much I know what is just "okay". Fries are never that good, not sure why, but the homemade chips and tater tots are awesome. I go with the tots every time. I have gotten a couple of their footlong dogs and sandwiches, always great. I haven't gotten any breakfast items. I have gotten a malted chocolate oreo milkshake, it was to die for. I choose to go here for my birthday....why? because I make it known that I want to eat very unhealthy food. So there is your answer. Really good diner food, good atmosphere (open kitchen and just cool decor), hit or miss staff (but I don't care as long as my food is good). I have never had a bad experience here and have been frequenting it a few times each year for the past 6 years.

Been to Galaxy Diner? Share your experiences!