“Get the Trailerpark Pancakes! Out of this world!! :)”
Review of Galaxy Diner

Galaxy Diner
Ranked #230 of 1,612 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Randleman, Nc
“Get the Trailerpark Pancakes! Out of this world!! :)”
Reviewed 17 August 2010

On a recent weekend trip to Richmond with my husband, we searched out local eating options that were unique to the area. (I mean, who wants to eat at a McDonalds when you can try new things, special to the area!?) We found an ad for the Galaxy diner in a magazine at our hotel and I was intrigued! The area, Carytown, was a happening area with lots of unique shops. Great area to get out and explore after your meal (and to burn off the fried twinkie 'a la mode!)
The decor was entertaining. Very sci-fi. But the menu was awesome! Where else can you get trailerpark pancakes, a retro burger, fried pickles, fried oreos, and fried twinkies, all in one place!? But the trailerpark pancakes were enough to bring me back if I ever find myself in the area again! GO TRY THEM! They are actually not pancakes at all. It's french toast, stuffed with peanut butter and banana, with maple syrup drizzled on top! YUM-O! My husbands Retro burger was equally good! Burger with mashed potatos and gravy on top! Very cool!

Galaxy Diner....OUTTA THIS WORLD!!

1 Thank beanpole83

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Worth the novelty and fried pickles”
Reviewed 13 August 2010

We stopped in here on our way to North Carolina in July because of its reputation for fried pickles. The fried pickles and fried oreos were great. They are definitely worth trying out. Our food was all good and very filling. We got more than our money's worth in food portions.

The atmosphere is eclectic and the diner is certainly unique. We say try it out as there isn't really anything to lose unless you are on a diet. It's pretty inexpensive and the beer prices were great. Just make sure you get the friend pickles and fried oreos.

1 Thank franiko
Roswell, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun”
Reviewed 17 May 2010

It's the atmosphere here that's great! The food is ok, and the service was fine, there's not a lot of sitting but hey you are in Richmond. The thing that makes this place worth it is the atmosphere! It' s GREAT! You must go - at least once. The food you can choice from is definitely out of this world!

1 Thank shende21
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Best diner around! Gotta love the fried pickles!”
Reviewed 8 February 2009

Here is why I love galaxy diner and wish that my waistline would allow me to go there all the time. 1) fried pickles. skip the other sides. Just get a double order. 2) the ruben burger 3) getting a pitcher of PBR costs about the same as soda 4) they give you bubble gum.

1 Thank fanfoodie
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Grilled cheese. Milk Shakes. Soup.”
Reviewed 14 November 2008

Grilled cheese. Milk Shakes. Soup.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook