“Anniversary Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Chez Foushee

Chez Foushee
Ranked #36 of 1,603 Restaurants in Richmond
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lewisburg, West Virginia
“Anniversary Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

My husband and I ate here before going to the opera. My Brussels sprouts salad with blue cheese dressing was especially tasty! Our waiter was knowledgeable about what dishes were gluten free and helped me find food to eat.

1 Thank Shannon N

“A Great Restaurant in Richmond”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

During a weekend stay in Richmond I was looking for a place to have dinner on a Saturday night and everywhere i went had a wait of 30 to 40 minutes. I kept looking around and with the help of my mobile Trip Advisor app I found Chez Foushee and made a reservations using Open Table. I found street parking nearby after circling the block once. I was greeted and seated the minute I walked in the door. The first thing I have to say is I was dressed casual and this restaurant is a little more formal in my opinion, the staff was friendly and made me feel very welcomed. The architecture and atmosphere of the restaurant is someplace I would associate with taking someone out on a special occasion. The food was fantastic, I had a steak and saved room for the lemon cake. It was a great dinning experience. I consider the prices to be very reasonable for the service and quality of the meal served here. I would definitely come back to Chez Foushee if I am ever back in Richmond

Visited February 2014
Milton, Massachusetts
“Very nice place for a great meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

We liked the ambiance when we came in, the lighting, the design. Whatever we ordered was first rate, be it starters, entrees ( and save room for dessert !). Service was professional and friendly.

Visited November 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“Lunch or Dinner Chez Foushee is great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I've been to Chez Foushee for lunch and dinner and it's become my go-to place for delicious food and conversation. Quiet, intimate, even romantic, the ambience is special and the service aligns with the atmosphere. As for the food, I am never disappointed. In October I had the seasonal butternut squash soup, a fresh salad, & chocolate dessert and smiled all through the evening.

Visited October 2013
Rapidan, Virginia
“Treat for the Eye and the Tummy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

Richmond friends interested in architecture were the ones to recommend this restaurant to us, in part because of its interesting architectural features in a re-sued space. It is right downtown, a block away from the famous Jefferson Hotel, but it is tucked away on Foushee (Foo-shay) street and quiet enough inside to have easy conversations. On top of that the food was delicious and good value and the service very attentive. The food is creative but with classics from the Old South including gumbo, grits and a very tart lemon tarte. And of course sweet iced tea.

• Visited September 2013