“Pretty place, average food”
Review of Chez Foushee

Chez Foushee
Ranked #74 of 1,612 Restaurants in Richmond
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Richmond, Virginia
“Pretty place, average food”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

This is really one of the prettiest restaurant spaces in Richmond, nice for a romantic dinner and there were lots of couples there on Saturday night. Nice lighting and white table cloths, but they put disposable table paper cloths on top which seems inappropriate for a high end place like this. We have had Chez Foushee on our list to visit for more than 2 years based on reviews, and maybe I expected too much. Food was a 3 rating for us. Good assortment of appetizers, but the crab bisque was average and the liver pate had a very odd mix of flavors that was not good. Entrees are limited, about 8 choices, all $25 and higher. I wasn't really excited about any of them and ended up with something I didn't like, the fettuccine, again not a good combination of flavors and the fried oysters were way over salted. My husband had duck and thought it was very good. The service was also very good, but the entree took a long time for the late dinner. We really have too many favorites in town to come back again.

• Visited February 2014

Lewisburg, West Virginia
“Anniversary Dinner”
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

My husband and I ate here before going to the opera. My Brussels sprouts salad with blue cheese dressing was especially tasty! Our waiter was knowledgeable about what dishes were gluten free and helped me find food to eat.

1 Thank Shannon N
“A Great Restaurant in Richmond”
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

During a weekend stay in Richmond I was looking for a place to have dinner on a Saturday night and everywhere i went had a wait of 30 to 40 minutes. I kept looking around and with the help of my mobile Trip Advisor app I found Chez Foushee and made a reservations using Open Table. I found street parking nearby after circling the block once. I was greeted and seated the minute I walked in the door. The first thing I have to say is I was dressed casual and this restaurant is a little more formal in my opinion, the staff was friendly and made me feel very welcomed. The architecture and atmosphere of the restaurant is someplace I would associate with taking someone out on a special occasion. The food was fantastic, I had a steak and saved room for the lemon cake. It was a great dinning experience. I consider the prices to be very reasonable for the service and quality of the meal served here. I would definitely come back to Chez Foushee if I am ever back in Richmond

Visited February 2014
Milton, Massachusetts
“Very nice place for a great meal”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We liked the ambiance when we came in, the lighting, the design. Whatever we ordered was first rate, be it starters, entrees ( and save room for dessert !). Service was professional and friendly.

Visited November 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“Lunch or Dinner Chez Foushee is great”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I've been to Chez Foushee for lunch and dinner and it's become my go-to place for delicious food and conversation. Quiet, intimate, even romantic, the ambience is special and the service aligns with the atmosphere. As for the food, I am never disappointed. In October I had the seasonal butternut squash soup, a fresh salad, & chocolate dessert and smiled all through the evening.

Visited October 2013