“Perfect for special occasion or just a good meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Chez Foushee

Chez Foushee
Ranked #33 of 1,602 Restaurants in Richmond
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Richmond, Virginia
“Perfect for special occasion or just a good meal”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This seemed like the perfect place for date night or for a great meal. Not too pricey. The food was delicious and worth what you pay. The service was impeccable and the setting beautiful. Will definitely go back.

• Visited January 2014

Richmond, Virginia, United States
“Amazing Food with Great Service on Top!!”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Took my mother for an early mother's day dinner - We made it a three course meal with a delicious bottle of wine and didn't break the bank in the process. They haev wonderful specials, but you really can't go wrong with anything on the menu. The homemade pimento cheese is a recipe of one of the owner's mothers and was a perfect start to the evening. I followed it up with the shrimp over green chile cheddar grits while my mother had the mussels. The shrimp and grits should remain a mainstay on the menu!! We opted for the creme brulee, which was great, but I have sense heard that people travel far and wide for the lemon butter cake so we will be returning to make that happen! We had a wonderful server who knew what we needed before we did and made the experience that much closer to perfection! Thank you!

• Visited April 2014
Gallatin, Tennessee
“Lovely Brunch”
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

In Richmond on Mother's Day we were taken to Sunday Brunch. The ambience was pleasing and we had a pleasant but lengthy experience. Seated at one, we ate close to two. I greatly enjoyed the grouper and sampled tasty French Toast and Quiche. Would return for a "timeless" meal of well crafted food. Had to park a block away.

Visited May 2014
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Wonderful food and atmosphere”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

This restaurant had friendly and attentive wait staff (although we kept wondering why they served our table, which was on a ledge, from below the level of the table instead of coming around to our level, which would have been less awkward). The food was absolutely wonderful, from appetizer to dessert. The décor was light and lovely, the room reasonably quiet although all the tables were full. Overall, a lovely experience and one of our best experiences during a week of dining in Richmond.

Visited May 2014
North Carolina
“A meal to be remembered”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My friend and I came to this place at 11:30 a.m., hoping for a pleasant early lunch in what looked like a pleasant setting. What we got is a meal that we'll remember for a long time. Chez Foushee is somewhat shabbily chic on the outside but all about well-served and well-prepared food on the inside. I ordered okra gumbo, which was only fair to middling when compared with other gumbos I've had. But my friend's meal was perfect: lump crab cake, green beans, and coarsely-ground cheese grits. These quite ordinary items were so perfectly cooked and presented that they added up to a truly excellent dining experience. And then we ordered dessert: toffee pudding for me, which was very good but not great, and lemon butter cake for my friend--a dessert to end all desserts. We oohed and aahed our way through every heavenly bite, agreeing that this cake might just be the best sweet/tart thing we'd ever tasted (and we're pretty old!).
The restaurant's interior is classically simple, with lots of natural light pouring in. The service was impeccable. Our meal, including the two entrees, two desserts, and two drinks, cost about $40 and was worth every penny. Don't miss this place if you relish good food as much as I do.

• Visited April 2014