“Excellent location and value”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64
Ranked #30 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent location and value”
Reviewed 28 April 2008

This was our first time staying at a Fairfield inn and we enjoyed our stay very much at this hotel. The reason we picked the Fairfield Inn was the site wide non-smoking policy. It was worth having a room on a totally smoke free hotel property. The hotel lobby and our room were very new, clean and nicely decorated. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The crew helping with the free continental breakfast was pleasant as well. Everyone was welcoming. The continental breakfast we great and filling. There is free wireless internet in all rooms or if you don't bring your laptop there are two public computers in the hotel lobby. Usually there wasn't a wait to use these computers. The hotel is located outside the downtown area on the interstate but it is convenient to drive into Richmond to see the sites or is about 1 hour from Charlottesville. The hotel is near the Short Pump Town Center (a large retail complex housing restaurants, shops, etc. with just about any type of food or shopping you are looking for). The hotel has a map of the Short Pump area that is helpful to find restaurants close by. Would definitely stay here again and recommend it.

I guess the one disappointment was the small size of the indoor pool.

• Liked — Location, price and cleanliness
  • Disliked — Small indoor pool
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sedum37

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Arabic first
Canfield, Ohio
Reviewed 15 April 2008

Everything you expect for a Fairfield...

The O'Charley's in the parking lot was a definite advantage- be sure to show your room key.

Very clean, the staff here is very nice and helpful!

Stayed November 2007
Lakewood, California
Reviewed 31 March 2008

We spent one night at the Fairfield on Mar. 26, and it was fantastic.

We had no trouble checking in early, around 11am, and were given a room away from the elevator on the second floor. The room was clean and comfortable, and the woman at the front desk even gave us a courtesy call to make sure we were happy with the room!

The front desk was also helpful with directions to the post office and local restaurants.

The free breakfast didn't have a huge selection, but everything was fresh and delicious.

We went down to the jacuzzi in the early evening, and found that it was quiet with plenty of clean towels. Also, we used the laundry facilities and were pleasantly surprised that the hotel gives free detergent and softener.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Richmond area. While it's not located downtown, it is only a short drive away, and it's a great hotel when you want to relax away from the crowds.

• Liked — Quiet pool area, cleanliness, friendly staff
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank sophie832
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 16 January 2008

Friendly, Professional and Clean.

Wanna a relaxing trip.....choose Marriott's.

Never had a bad night or room.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled on business
Marysville, Washington
Reviewed 17 December 2007

I booked my room on Marriott.com for the best deal researched. We arrived and had ZERO problems and our one night stay was completely enjoyable. Everything was clean, new and bright. I felt I actually got what I paid for. I don't think I got anything for free but the $100.00 was well spent.

The room was big enough for myself, my husband and my two daughters aged 3.5 and 2. The room we requested had 2 queen beds (although they looked like full size to me) and were very comfortable, so comfortable I did not want to get up. My whole family received a very good nights' sleep after a 15 hour day driving north from Florida.

We all awoke very refreshed and headed downstairs to eat. They served it all. Bagels, scrambled eggs, fresh fruit, fresh fruit juice, coffee... we all ate and felt there was more than enough to go around. They even had a gentleman make Belgian waffles!!! My two young children were very happy and we left very full. The coffee was pretty good, too! My husband loved the "Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwich" they offered.....

My husband and I both agree on this hotel and we have zero complaints with this hotel despite other reviews that I read stating that Fairfield was "on the low end of Marriott" and was not a good deal. In our opinion, this particular Fairfield Inn was a great hotel with friendly, helpful staff.

I will stay at this hotel again on my way back south when we head home to Florida. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to those looking to save money but not lose out on cleanliness and comfortability.

• Liked — Complete comfortability
  • Disliked — I wish it had been closer to I-95 but that is my fault for lack of research, not the hotel's. However, I will stay there again on my way back south despite the distance off I-95
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with family