Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64
Ranked #29 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Atlanta, Georgia
“HOSPITALITY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

I come to Richmond every 3 months and was given great southern hospitality by Shomeka Chandler who assisted me from dinning to places to shop etc in the near area of Richmond. I came into town again in July and Shomeka once again Sunshining Face friendly to speak helped me again. I am giving the hotel 5****'s but Shomeka is the best ever and she deserve not only a raise she deserve's 100***'s.
Will be back again in Sept not for the hotel but for Shomeka she makes me feel comfortable and especially traveling alone. I appreciate you and your hospitality and your wonderful smile. Thanks!!
Mrs. S.Meadows.

Room Tip: Next time i would like to try the King Suite with the jacuzzi.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Sonya M
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Dear Sonya M,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel & we appreciate you staying with us on a regular basis! I'm delighted to hear that our staff has been so helpful and accommodating and this has been a big factor in you choosing our property. Thanks again & we'll see you soon!

Daly Seven, Inc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Arabic first
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

We were greeted by a super guy, Randel, at the front desk. Largely because of him, we liked the Inn right away and decided to stay there. The rooms were well equipped, and the bed was most comfortable. The Inn is in a good location in Richmond, very near Broad Street and a major shopping center and restaurants. We recommend this Fairfield Inn based on our experience there.

Room Tip: We asked for and got a first-floor room. The front desk person, Randel, was helpful in helping us g...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64, responded to this review, 5 July 2013
Dear LeftyLen,

We appreciate you leaving a review of your stay and are very glad to hear our staff was able to efficiently handle your needs! I'm also happy you found our location great and that you had a comfortable stay overall. Thanks again for your review and we hope it won't be too long before your next stay!

Southport, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

I stayed here two nights with a Special Olympics group. Check in was early and a breeze. The staff is very helpful, friendly and professional. My king suite was fantastic. Comfy bed and pillows, 2 flat screen tvs, small fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Stereo in the sitting room. Sitting room furniture was clean and comfy. The a/c worked well and the room had a nice big window. Plenty of closet space. The bathroom was large and stocked with everything we needed. Rooms were cleaned every day which is not the norm these days! Breakfast was very good and there was a good selection of hot food. The location is very convenient to the highway and lots of restaurants and shopping. We had a very pleasant stay and I hope we stay there again next year. A+

Room Tip: The king suites are very spacious!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank KCashVa
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Dear KCashVa,

Thanks for reviewing our Fairfield Inn & Suites. I'm happy to read that you found our service efficient and friendly, as well as that you found your room comfortable and clean and our location convenient - we love hearing from our guests and are excited you enjoyed your stay so much. Thank you again and we hope to see you for another visit soon!

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

My husband and I attended our niece's wedding and she recommended this hotel. We have stayed at Fairfield Inn's before and for the most part they have been nice. But I have to say this one was by far the BEST. The staff was wonderful and always cheery. They were so helpful whenever we asked them questions about the area and would print up directions so we knew exactly where we were going. The two girls who that we dealt with were Stefany and Kathy. We would like to give them a special thank you because they were so great. Also the rooms were so very clean as well as the entire hotel. I especially loved the Jimmy Dean egg and bacon breakfast sandwiches. Never had them at any hotels before. Coffee was wonderful too. All in all can you tell I really Loved this hotel?????

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank fanoffairfield
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
Dear fanoffairfield,

Thank you so much for writing a review of our hotel; I'm delighted to hear you had such a great experience and that we were your favorite Fairfield experience, as well as that you found our staff so friendly and helpful and enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. Thanks again for your review and we look forward to your next stay with us!

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013 via mobile

On one hand the Fairfield was great. The rooms were large and comfortable, the service of the staff was great, the pool was fun. On the other hand the water temperature was a bit of a problem. It was either scalding hot or ice cold no middle ground which made giving my 9 month old daughter a bath very challenging. The staff was told about the issue at the start of our stay but had no other rooms to put us in that had a king bed so we dealt with it as best we could. They did say they would have some one come fix it asap.

• Stayed May 2013
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64, responded to this review, 31 May 2013
Dear twobrooksfarm,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I'm so sorry that you ran into issues with the water temperature during your visit - our maintenance team takes such problems very seriously and we appreciate your feedback so as to avoid similar matters in the future. If you would like to discuss further, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me at the number below. I am glad, however, that you rated us highly in every other area and that you enjoyed our amenities and guest service. Again, I'd like to apologize and hope that you will give us another opportunity on your next trip to Richmond.

(434) 822-2161
Bossier City, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

We had a horrible experience in Charlottesville at an Econo Lodge during UVA's graduation weekend and left early for Richmond to visit family. This Fairfield Inn was like a light at the end of the tunnel for us!!!!
These people are doing this RIGHT! They are updating and fixing things before needed! The desk staff are top notch! Wonderful people.
The breakfast area is spotless! That woman is to be commended for her excellent service!
Clean rooms, wonderful beds, CLEAN bathrooms, quiet hallways, great swimming pool! Great location from interstate and near restaurants.
I will stay here again when I visit my family.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Joyce D
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Dear jdelauder,

Thanks so much for reviewing our Fairfield Inn & Suites and I'm delighted to read that you had a great stay with us after your previous visit to another hotel didn't meet your expectations. Our staff works hard to provide the best service they can and we really appreciate your kind words. I'm also happy that you found everything to be so clean and our amenities high quality. Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay, hopefully soon!

Falls Church, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

I had reservations at the Richmond Marriott for a weekend visit to Kings Dominion and changed to this property after finding out about the 5,000 point promotion for making two stays at a Fairfield Inn. I had no idea what to expect but was surprised right away. It started with the check-in, Randell was very helpful providing directions, insight about the local area (including sharing that showing your room card gives you a discount at the restaurant across the street).

The room had been recently renovated and had a computer desk with chair, mini-fridge and microwave, large flat-screen television, sitting chair, dresser and lots of closet space. The bathroom was well appointed with lots of extra towels.

Although not close to downtown Richmond, it is closed to lots of shopping and restaurants and I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank gilbertgl
Dear gilbertgl,

Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay and I hope you enjoyed your trip to Kings Dominion! I'm glad to hear that you could take advantage of our special promotion and that our staff was able to easily guide you around the local area. Thank you again and with summer just around the corner we hope to see you for another stay soon!