What a horrible experience I encountered on January 19th, 2014 at the Fairfield Inn at 9937 Mayland Drive in Richmond, VA. This was the second of three weeks staying at this property as I checked in on a Sunday night at 10pm. I booked a king suite room and received my key from the desk clerk while noticing many kids roaming the halls unattended of which I then asked who was responsible for them and was told the parents are as this was a group that was part of a volley ball tournament. I noticed no parents in sight and the desk clerk was doing nothing about the noise being made. As I went to my room I noticed doors ajar and signs taped to the doors in the hallways, really Marriott this is not a sorority house. I went to put my key in the lock and heard water running in my assigned room, I opened the door slowly as maybe I was given a room that was occupied by one or more of the female volleyball players roaming the halls. I went in and found the water running at full open in the tub, and attempted to shut it off, but the handle just spun around as it was obviously broken. It had been running for some time as there was a dirty ring at the water level in the tub. I went back to the front desk and made mention of this to the clerk and asked for another room of which I was told there were none. He then called an assistant manager on the phone and no solution was found as this last room was out of service. Realizing that I was out of luck I had to ask him to check the availability at the Springhill Suites across the road and get a room there at the same rate, of which the Springhill Suites agreed. Leaving this hotel on a sour note that night with what I felt was a lack of concern from the clerk, I stopped by after my work day on Monday to speak with the General Manager about the incident the night before. He begrudgingly appeared and I explained my story to him, in which he interrupted about half way through my story and said that he had five rooms with plumbing issues, not my problem mister general manager. He then let me finish and said sorry and that he would look into it and walked away with what I felt was a total lack of concern for a guest. Really…first why would you give a room to a guest that had a known issue which I suspected as the desk clerk that night had my key off to the side like he was hoping I would be a no show and did not seem surprised when I came back looking for another room. The general manger at this property offered no form of compensation for this incident that required to me to move to different hotel (I was lucky that the Springhill had an opening and they also had another volley ball group there but without the kids roaming the halls uncontrolled like the Fairfield Inn). I am at a loss for words to explain my frustration and lack of respect towards a guest at a Marriott property.
By the way I am a Marriott Platinum Elite member with over 1060 lifetime stays that are not booked at discounted rates (i.e. government rates, etc.) and in Jan of this year I have already stayed 20 nights in Marriott properties and am drafting this while staying at a full service Marriott in Atlanta, GA. This hotel gets a big FAIL.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Richmond Short Pump hotel off I-64. Minutes from the Innsbrook financial district, our Richmond, VA hotel near Glen Allen is convenient to I-95, I-64 and I-295 and provides travelers with easy access to local businesses, as well as a short drive to the Museum and White House of the Confederacy and Civil War Battlefields. Free wifi, Free Breakfast, Fitness Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Richmond Nw
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Nw Hotel Richmond
- Fairfield Inn Richmond
- Fairfield Richmond
- Richmond Fairfield Inn