“Nice Hotel with high pet fee”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64
Ranked #33 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We chose this hotel because it was pet-friendly and accepted our 2 medium-sized dogs. We were traveling from NJ to SC and needed an overnight stop. The pet fee was $50, which is expensive. We had checked out other hotels in the area, but they had weight restrictions or limit to one pet.
Rooms on the 1st floor are reserved for pets. It was convenient to get outside to the path and area for walking our dogs. Poop bags also provided.
Our room had 2 double beds. Our AAA rate was just under $100, seemed a lot for a chain hotel, maybe because of the area...? Standard decor, but clean. Didn't like the bathroom, it had very little counter space for our toiletries. Really annoying. This really surprised me as it seemed more of an older hotel than the newer one it was.
The breakfast room had ample seating with TV and nice variety of cereals, yogurt, bagels, etc.
I give compliments to the hot entrees of scrambled eggs and sausages.
Everyone we had contact with at this hotel were nice, friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank LovesDogs5
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear LovesDogs5,

Thank you for leaving a review of your recent stay - I'm happy to hear you had a clean, comfortable stay overall, but do apologize for any inconvenience regarding our pet fee and bathroom space; our team will discuss your feedback as part of our decision-making process in the future. Otherwise, I'm glad you found our staff helpful and friendly and enjoyed our complimentary breakfast! Thanks again for your comments and we hope to see you the next time you're in Richmond.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Two very good folks to help you out--Shomika at the front desk and the breakfast attendant on the weekend. When I arrived management had changed the reservation from room which could sleep 4 to one for only 2. Shomika went out of her way to find a roll-away and extra pillows, sheets and blankets. From our visit learned you need to find out if there is a soccer tournament in town, because this will cause over booking. With all of the kids and a full house the breakfast attendant did a fabulous job of keeping the food full. Also, another positive about the visit--it can handle several groups having meals in the dining room and even off to the side in the lobby. We had about 10 eating and the soccer had successive groups of 35 and 40 and it worked well.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear Stephen D,

Thank you for reviewing our Fairfield Inn & Suites. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your stay overall and found our guest service excellent even though it was very busy while you were visiting. However, I do apologize for the mix-up at check-in and while I'm happy we were able to help remedy the situation, our team will discuss your comments to avoid similar issues in the future. Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you the next time you're in Richmond!

Reviewed 24 February 2014

We arrived very late as we were traveling from Maine, but the gentleman behind the desk was very nice and got us settled quickly. We were only there for onw night so we didn't get to experience much of the hotel. Our room was a very nice standard room, it was clean and well kept. The breakfast was standard, but met our needs. Checkout was a little bit of a hassle as I had a gift card and for some reason the lady behind the desk couldn't get it to process. Eventually she got it settled and I was very thankful for her patience. Overall it was a great stay!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear Silverwolf_505,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and are happy you had a good stay. I'm glad you found your guest room clean and comfortable and our staff helpful and friendly! We also apologize for any inconvenience regarding your gift card, but are glad we were able to sort it out for you. Thanks again for your comments and we hope to see you the next time you're in Richmond!

Reviewed 5 February 2014

What a horrible experience I encountered on January 19th, 2014 at the Fairfield Inn at 9937 Mayland Drive in Richmond, VA. This was the second of three weeks staying at this property as I checked in on a Sunday night at 10pm. I booked a king suite room and received my key from the desk clerk while noticing many kids roaming the halls unattended of which I then asked who was responsible for them and was told the parents are as this was a group that was part of a volley ball tournament. I noticed no parents in sight and the desk clerk was doing nothing about the noise being made. As I went to my room I noticed doors ajar and signs taped to the doors in the hallways, really Marriott this is not a sorority house. I went to put my key in the lock and heard water running in my assigned room, I opened the door slowly as maybe I was given a room that was occupied by one or more of the female volleyball players roaming the halls. I went in and found the water running at full open in the tub, and attempted to shut it off, but the handle just spun around as it was obviously broken. It had been running for some time as there was a dirty ring at the water level in the tub. I went back to the front desk and made mention of this to the clerk and asked for another room of which I was told there were none. He then called an assistant manager on the phone and no solution was found as this last room was out of service. Realizing that I was out of luck I had to ask him to check the availability at the Springhill Suites across the road and get a room there at the same rate, of which the Springhill Suites agreed. Leaving this hotel on a sour note that night with what I felt was a lack of concern from the clerk, I stopped by after my work day on Monday to speak with the General Manager about the incident the night before. He begrudgingly appeared and I explained my story to him, in which he interrupted about half way through my story and said that he had five rooms with plumbing issues, not my problem mister general manager. He then let me finish and said sorry and that he would look into it and walked away with what I felt was a total lack of concern for a guest. Really…first why would you give a room to a guest that had a known issue which I suspected as the desk clerk that night had my key off to the side like he was hoping I would be a no show and did not seem surprised when I came back looking for another room. The general manger at this property offered no form of compensation for this incident that required to me to move to different hotel (I was lucky that the Springhill had an opening and they also had another volley ball group there but without the kids roaming the halls uncontrolled like the Fairfield Inn). I am at a loss for words to explain my frustration and lack of respect towards a guest at a Marriott property.
By the way I am a Marriott Platinum Elite member with over 1060 lifetime stays that are not booked at discounted rates (i.e. government rates, etc.) and in Jan of this year I have already stayed 20 nights in Marriott properties and am drafting this while staying at a full service Marriott in Atlanta, GA. This hotel gets a big FAIL.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank MarshfieldWisconsin
Kyeongmin L, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Dear Marshfieldwisconsin,
Thank you for taking your time to review our Fairfield Inn & Suites, Richmond NW. I sincerely apologize that our customer service or the condition of the room did not meet our and your standards. I have discussed this your review with our night clerk in order to avoid similar incidents from reoccurring in the future. Once again, I apologize and please feel free to reach out to me at the number below and I would love to discuss your stay further. Thank you again for your review and we hope to have another opportunity in the future with you.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Good price, convenient location off of 64 in the NW area. We stayed one night here on new year's eve and were very pleased. They had ample parking and we walked to Cracker Barrel for dinner. The breakfast was great, with a lot to choose from including eggs with salsa and turkey sausage and delicious muffins. The room was clean and modern, with a comfortable bed and down pillows. If you are looking for a place to stay in the Richmond area that provides high quality for a decent price in a safe location, I'd highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Probably quieter on the backside of the hotel. We opted for a king bed for just a few dollars more.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear mllesaek,

Thank you for your review and Happy New Year! We're very happy you chose to spend New Year's Eve with us and had an excellent stay. We really appreciate your 5-star ratings across the board and look forward to seeing you the next time you're in the area! Thanks again for your comments.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

I arrived a bit later and called to inform Johnathon or Joshua (can't remember his name. The pretty Italian looking man) and he said that it was not a problem arriving late. Got there and he greeted us with a smile and was efficient and friendly with what sometimes can be a hassle, checking us in. He was one of the better front desk clerks I've come across:) if you can give him credit let him know the couple with the dog says hello!

The room was great and I loved the renovations that took place since the last time I stayed with you earlier last year!

My experience at this hotel was a 5 out of 5 and will definitely be booking with this hotel on my next swing through for business.

• Stayed: December 2013
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear LizandJohn85,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review and I will be sure to pass your kind words on to the rest of our team. I'm delighted you enjoyed our updated look and we appreciate you choosing us again for this visit. Thank you again for your feedback and we can't wait for your next stay!

Reviewed 24 December 2013

comfortable and welcoming, nice breakfast, quiet room, close to entrance, handicapped room had a regular tub/shower which is not accessible, handles out of reach, room was paid for but hotel charged credit card a duplicate amount,

Room Tip: make sure you check your bill carefully
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear juan32250,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Fairfield Inn & Suites. While I'm glad to read you had a clean and comfortable stay overall, I do apologize that your accessible room did not meet your expectations, as well as for any mix up with your credit card, and will pass your feedback onto our team for further discussion. If you would like to speak further, please reach out to me at the number below. Otherwise, we're happy you enjoyed many of our amenities and hope to see you the next time you're in town. Thanks again for your comments.

(434) 822-2161

Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
SpringHill Suites Richmond Northwest
#5 of 82 in Richmond
Hampton Inn Richmond-West
Hampton Inn Richmond-West
#1 of 23 in Glen Allen

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64? Share your experiences!