“Great Experience”

Ranked #31 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Pequannock, New Jersey
“Great Experience”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Great Night's sleep, Great Breakfast and Great Accommodations. Our room had pretty good TV service and the hotel is very clean. Rooms are pretty sound proof. Just don't use the "door bell" (it sounds like a fire alarm).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Matthew W
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Matthew W,

Thanks for taking the time to review our Fairfield Inn & Suites - I'm very happy to hear you had a great stay all-around and found us very clean. We do apologize for any inconvenience with the "door bell"; our accessible rooms feature a loud alert to assist our guests who are hard of hearing. Otherwise, thank you again for your high ratings and praise we can't wait for your next stay!

Daly Seven, Inc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Arabic first
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here for one night to attend to family business while in Richmond. We did not have reservations but they had plenty of rooms on a Sunday night. I suggest getting the 3rd floor if you do not have a pet. The room was clean and the furniture new. The breakfast was included and was well stocked with hot and cold breakfast items. There was plenty of free parking and a restaurant close by. We would stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank BoydN568
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear BoydN568,

Thanks for taking the time to review your recent visit; I'm glad to read you had a clean, comfortable visit and enjoyed our furnishings! It's also great to hear you liked our complimentary breakfast and found our location convenient. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to your next stay!

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel May 02, 2014. This hotel is FANTASTIC! It is CLEAN, the staff were so polite, and made sure to put my husband and I in a ground floor room as he uses a walker. The room DID NOT smell stale or musty like most hotel rooms do. It smelled fresh. There are ZERO dust bunnies in the floor cracks, ceilings, etc. I was actually trying to find dirt, and was unsuccessful! Thank you for a great stay!

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor are close to the exits.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear L B,

Thank you very much for the kind words regarding your recent stay! I'm delighted you had an excellent, clean stay and found our staff to be very helpful and friendly. We're grateful for your 5-star ratings across the board and look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Richmond! Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

First, I'll start out by sharing we got a room for $99 a night. With that being said my wife and I were pretty underwhelmed by this property. The room furniture was outdated and the was very basic. The room was clean and we had no problems, it was a very basic accommodation. Staff was friendly and the coffee was good in the morning. Overall it was an average experience.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear OhFace,

We appreciate you taking the time to share feedback regarding your stay with us, though we apologize that it fell short of your expectations. We've recently completed refreshing our look and our team will discuss your comments about our furnishings in regards to improving even more in the future. Otherwise, I am happy to hear you found our staff friendly and your guest room clean. Thank you again for your review and hope to have another opportunity in the future to give you a great stay.

New Britain, Connecticut
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Very nice, well kept hotel 10 miles from downtown Richmond. Included breakfast with lots of choices and staffed. Hotel staff was very nice and welcoming. Nice to have 2 spaces in the room, living room and bed area. Area was nice - lots of restaurants in close range.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear SusanCMurphy,

Thanks for taking the time to review our Fairfield Inn & Suites; I'm very pleased to read you enjoyed the spaciousness of your suite and found our staff helpful and friendly! It's also great to hear our location worked well for your needs. We're grateful for your 5-star ratings across the board and look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Town! Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

We chose this hotel because it was pet-friendly and accepted our 2 medium-sized dogs. We were traveling from NJ to SC and needed an overnight stop. The pet fee was $50, which is expensive. We had checked out other hotels in the area, but they had weight restrictions or limit to one pet.
Rooms on the 1st floor are reserved for pets. It was convenient to get outside to the path and area for walking our dogs. Poop bags also provided.
Our room had 2 double beds. Our AAA rate was just under $100, seemed a lot for a chain hotel, maybe because of the area...? Standard decor, but clean. Didn't like the bathroom, it had very little counter space for our toiletries. Really annoying. This really surprised me as it seemed more of an older hotel than the newer one it was.
The breakfast room had ample seating with TV and nice variety of cereals, yogurt, bagels, etc.
I give compliments to the hot entrees of scrambled eggs and sausages.
Everyone we had contact with at this hotel were nice, friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank LovesDogs5
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear LovesDogs5,

Thank you for leaving a review of your recent stay - I'm happy to hear you had a clean, comfortable stay overall, but do apologize for any inconvenience regarding our pet fee and bathroom space; our team will discuss your feedback as part of our decision-making process in the future. Otherwise, I'm glad you found our staff helpful and friendly and enjoyed our complimentary breakfast! Thanks again for your comments and we hope to see you the next time you're in Richmond.

ringgold, va, United States
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Two very good folks to help you out--Shomika at the front desk and the breakfast attendant on the weekend. When I arrived management had changed the reservation from room which could sleep 4 to one for only 2. Shomika went out of her way to find a roll-away and extra pillows, sheets and blankets. From our visit learned you need to find out if there is a soccer tournament in town, because this will cause over booking. With all of the kids and a full house the breakfast attendant did a fabulous job of keeping the food full. Also, another positive about the visit--it can handle several groups having meals in the dining room and even off to the side in the lobby. We had about 10 eating and the soccer had successive groups of 35 and 40 and it worked well.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear Stephen D,

Thank you for reviewing our Fairfield Inn & Suites. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your stay overall and found our guest service excellent even though it was very busy while you were visiting. However, I do apologize for the mix-up at check-in and while I'm happy we were able to help remedy the situation, our team will discuss your comments to avoid similar issues in the future. Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you the next time you're in Richmond!