“Great Overnight Stay & Clean!!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64
Ranked #31 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 2 August 2014

My husband & I recently stayed here overnight on August 1, 2014. The staff at the front desk were very friendly & accommodating. We were given a clean, spacious studio suite Room 203 which was also nice & private and quiet. The king size bed was very comfortable.. Better then the one at home! The bathroom was very large with a nice long vanity and shower/ bathtub combo so large that a handicapped person could easily get in there as well with a wheelchair! The pool was quite small; however, ( 3-5 ft) as well as a few machines in their gym. Breakfast buffet could be improved with more choices.. Scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, turkey sausage, waffles, yogurt, plain bagels., muffins, hard boiled eggs, a water pitcher filled with ice on counter for everyone's use, orange & apple juice, cereal , coffee & hot chocolate. Miss fried potatoes, omelets, etc. overall, a nice clean place and quite economical. Lots of restaurants nearby as well as shopping! Right off Interstate 64

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hungarian2014
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear Hungarian2014,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Fairfield Inn & Suites; we're happy to read you had a great stay and found your suite so spacious and comfortable! I'm also glad our location worked well for your needs, and our team will discuss your comments regarding our breakfast selection. Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Richmond!

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I had a three day music conference in Richmond and chose this hotel due to it being the highest rated Marriott property in the area (I am a Marriott rewards member). I was happy to find that the ratings were well-deserved! The hotel was spotless, the staff friendly, the wi-fi free and fast, and room perfect. Loved the king suite setup with mini-fridge, 2 TV's (!), super-comfy bed with the firm mattress I like, and nice bathroom/shower. Easy access on/off highway and lots of restaurant options nearby. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear IntotheWoods22,

Thank you for taking the time to review us - we hope you enjoyed the conference! We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott and are pleased we lived up to your expectations & you had an excellent stay in your suite. Thanks so much for your 5-star ratings and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Richmond!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Very well located on/on for I-64 access. Typical Fairfield property except superior management and best Fairfield breakfast in a very long time.
Room slightly musty but cooler A/C fixed it. Quiet slept like babies. Location ideal for main, modern shopping.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank johnhW5357SH
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear johnhW5357SH,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay; I'm glad to hear our location right off the highway was excellent for your needs and you found our management to be superior! We're also glad you found our complimentary breakfast above average. Thanks again for your comments and we hope it won't be too long before your next visit!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Hotels are getting better and this Fairfield Inn fits the bill. The staff was friendly and attentive. The complementary breakfast was fresh and diversified. The King bed suite was perfect for myself and two sons...one TV for them and one for me! The rooms, lobby, and pool areas were spotless. Excellent room AC. It was in the upper 90's when we were there. The water pressure and hot water supply in the showers were noteworthy. The location of this hotel made it easy to get to the many attractions surrounding Richmond. All in all, a very enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Choose a suite if you traveling with kids!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Bterror11,

We appreciate you writing a review of your stay and are pleased it was excellent all-around! I'm delighted to hear you and your family enjoyed the extra features in your suite and found everything very clean. Thanks again for your praise and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Richmond!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Great Night's sleep, Great Breakfast and Great Accommodations. Our room had pretty good TV service and the hotel is very clean. Rooms are pretty sound proof. Just don't use the "door bell" (it sounds like a fire alarm).

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Matthew W
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Matthew W,

Thanks for taking the time to review our Fairfield Inn & Suites - I'm very happy to hear you had a great stay all-around and found us very clean. We do apologize for any inconvenience with the "door bell"; our accessible rooms feature a loud alert to assist our guests who are hard of hearing. Otherwise, thank you again for your high ratings and praise we can't wait for your next stay!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here for one night to attend to family business while in Richmond. We did not have reservations but they had plenty of rooms on a Sunday night. I suggest getting the 3rd floor if you do not have a pet. The room was clean and the furniture new. The breakfast was included and was well stocked with hot and cold breakfast items. There was plenty of free parking and a restaurant close by. We would stay here again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank BoydN568
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear BoydN568,

Thanks for taking the time to review your recent visit; I'm glad to read you had a clean, comfortable visit and enjoyed our furnishings! It's also great to hear you liked our complimentary breakfast and found our location convenient. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel May 02, 2014. This hotel is FANTASTIC! It is CLEAN, the staff were so polite, and made sure to put my husband and I in a ground floor room as he uses a walker. The room DID NOT smell stale or musty like most hotel rooms do. It smelled fresh. There are ZERO dust bunnies in the floor cracks, ceilings, etc. I was actually trying to find dirt, and was unsuccessful! Thank you for a great stay!

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor are close to the exits.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear L B,

Thank you very much for the kind words regarding your recent stay! I'm delighted you had an excellent, clean stay and found our staff to be very helpful and friendly. We're grateful for your 5-star ratings across the board and look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Richmond! Thanks again for your review.