“Pleasantly Surprised”

Add it.
Bamboo Cafe
Ranked #417 of 1,620 Restaurants in Richmond
Reviewed 21 August 2012

As a frequent diner at Avalon, I've walked by this place numerous times always telling my wife that we should go sometime.. So one Friday night (which is my night to do dinner) I decided to give Bamboo Cafe a try. When we arrived we were seated quickly, not being real hungry we decided to order off the sandwich portion of the menu. As a hamburger lover, there was doubt what I was having. My wife ordered the steak sandwich... with onion rings instead of the fries that came with it. The burger was cooked perfectly as ordered and was extremely tasty. My wife's sandwich was the clear winner. A nicely cooked and seasoned rib-eye steak not the chopped stuff that you usually get. The onion rings were delicious, nicely battered not greasy at all. We washed it down with a couple Bells drafts. The entrees specials for the evening sounded great and smelled even better when they were brought to the table next to us. We will definitely be back to try some of the entrees. The prices were very reasonable. Service was excellent.. Glad we got there when we did, since people werer waiting at the bar and outside for tables.

There are newer reviews for Bamboo Cafe

Reviewed 16 May 2012

Found this place my first night in Richmond and can't say enough about it. Warm, friendly, nicely appointed, and the food is surprisingly excellent for what seems like a bar from the street. Highly recommended.

1  Thank januscrane
Reviewed 28 February 2012

This place is one of my favorite bar/restaurants in Richmond. the food is good to excellent, and not to be dismissed. There's always a lot of action and activity. Usually packed, and known to have the latest last call in Richmond. Diverse clientele, from VCU hipster types to middle-aged well to dos. The bartenders are highly skilled. I recommend the filet mignon, hamburger/cheeseburger, pork bbq sandwich or roast beef sub. There are often very good seafood specials on the menu. Great place to meet a close friend for a drink and dinner.

Reviewed 25 November 2011

I have been going here on and off since the late 70's. It is a great place, small (may have a problem getting a place), cozy, great food, excellent bar.

1  Thank TeeBow
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 27 August 2008

Where the drinking pros go to train.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to Bamboo Cafe? Share your experiences!