“Best experience of my life!”

Rusty Wallace Racing Experience
Ranked #3 of 23 Fun & Games in Richmond
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 22 April 2014

First off let me start by saying this was a dream come true. Best birthday gift for my 30th that my lady could have given me. This was the best experience ever! Nothing feels as great as driving a stock racing car. The staff on site were friendly, professional, and truly awesome. I definitely can't wait to come back again! Thank you Rusty Wallace Racing Experience for making my 30th birthday truly memorable!

All reviews
in 23 reviews
"cars"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Everyone at the track was great!! Totally made my day and driving a Nascar has always been a dream and to have the chance to go at it- Woohoo!!! I was grinning ear to ear with excitement and happiness and at the end of the day I could say I did it- the staff was so cool and totally made it complete,, all the way down to my spotter, who I had to trust, it was awesome to actually have them talk to me and direct me around the track and cheer me on! Wow!!! I can't wait to do it again and you can be assured that will happen! Can't wait to get behind the wheel again and thank you Rusty Wallace Racing Experience for making this happen!!!

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Bought this for my boyfriend as a Christmas present last year. We went on April 14, 2014. He had a great time, said that it was the best gift that he has ever received and is already planning on doing it again. Everybody at the track was polite and helpful to all the participants.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

When we arrived at the track, we immediately observed a well-run operation. The staff of the experience was knowledgeable and on task at all times. Each one understood his or her set of duties and executed them as quickly as possible. They also effectively communicated with one another so tasks could also be shared or sent to an available worker. They said to expect the experience to last 2 hours. If it wasn't exactly two hours, it was VERY close. They have the process down to a science.

We were scheduled to begin promptly at 2:00, at which time we had a driver meeting. The meeting may have started about 5 minutes late, but that was primarily because of the wait for everyone participating in the experience to arrive. The meeting was informative, to the point, and necessary.

After the meeting, we were assigned suits and helmets and sent to pit road where our cars were waiting. An attendant had a specific role to assign cars to the drivers. Once our assigned car became available, we were immediately sent to it and strapped in. The crew members who helped us into our cars were very helpful and patient.

While driving, you have a spotter giving you instructions and making sure you are clear. I wish they would have given a few extra instructions on line, speed, etc, but they are responsible for all cars on the track (usually 2 or 3 were on at a time - one being a ride along experience). The 8-lap qualifier is enough to give you a taste, but you will be hungry for more. Next time I go (there WILL be a next time), I will add at least 4 laps to the driving experience.

Once you are done driving, there is very little closure. You hand in your suit and helmet and leave. I felt like I missed something at the end, but I haven't been contacted yet!

If this is your first racing experience, I would HIGHLY recommend adding the ride along package to your day. You will benefit from feeling what the car is capable of and will enjoy your drive much more as a result. Also add 4 laps to your drive.

1  Thank Matt B
See more reviews
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I purchased this Racing Experience for my Fiance's birthday. We originally were supposed to go to New Hampshire but because of the weather, we had to reschedule. So we went to Richmond, VA. When we got there EVERYONE was friendly, knowlegeable and professional. The gentleman J.J. giving the drivers meeting was "Top Notch" The information he gave was extremely accurate. The equipment was in great condition, from the helmets to firesuits to cars. We were supposed to have and 8 Lap experience but we upgraded to a 12 lap. And I did a ride-along with a professional. We also purchased the race video, well worth the extra money. OMG this was the most amazing experience we have ever had. I already have 4 more people who want to do this with us again. This time I drive. :)
I highly recommend them.