“Great after a small hiccup”

Best Western Plus Governor's Inn
Ranked #11 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Efland, North Carolina
“Great after a small hiccup”
Reviewed 2 July 2011

Very clean room. Exercise room had plenty of air and equipment worked. Pool was clean and quite. Only problem was after checkin, the room we were assigned was next to very noisy children and an absent parent and our room key didn't work. Corilina assigned us a new room that was great. Also the beds aren't that hard. We would stay again.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank kpalm
maxkeeton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this review, 4 July 2011
Thank you for your review. This past weekend we had some youth sport teams staying with us. I appreciate your understanding as one of the few things we as hoteliers have very little control over is other peoples behavior. I am extremely pleased with Carinas performance! I am glad to hear that she assisted you in a fast and proffessional manner. We are looking forward to seeing you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 30 June 2011

Most customer service staff I've ever encountered, clean rooms, service great.

Room Tip: Excellent wireless in rooms, very good breakfast
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
North Bay, Canada
Reviewed 16 May 2011

Stayed one night with my husband and parents. This hotel is really beautiful. The beds were comfortable, room was clean. The breakfast room was large and the food was great. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
maxkeeton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this review, 25 June 2011
Thank you very much for your review. And thanks also for uploading the pics!
Virginia Beach
Reviewed 22 April 2011

I was very impressed with my two night stay at this hotel. The room was very well decorated, and extremely quiet, which I requested, and was placed in one on Friday afternoon. He stated that there were two separate buildings, and the first buildinghad a night club, which was noisy, and recommended I be placed in the second building, which is much quieter. The only slight problem I had was the remote for the tv was not working, which I told the girlworking the front desk on Friday evening. She was very concerned and willing to give me a working remote. She brought a new remote to my room Friday evening. I highly recommend this hotel , and will stay here next year.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank countryd00d
Thank you very much for your review! I would also like to inform you that the nightclub is now closed. The rooms in the main building are a little larger but do not have the interior brickwork or the stone walls as the second building. If you request the second building at the time of reservation we will certainly try to accomodate you. Thanks again for your review.
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 6 April 2011

The Best Western Governor's Inn was a blessing for my husband and me and two grown daughters for four nights. The room was large and very clean. The linens on the beds were elegant and made one feel special. The breakfast was a full menu with eggs and sausage, waffles, bagels, etc., all served in a clean, comfortable room set aside from the lobby. Speaking, of the lobby, it was very welcoming and the hotel staff was very welcoming and accommodating too. The brick-exterior of the hotel was a nice touch....adding charm to our stay. I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone! And the rate we got for four nights was unbelievable, especially for the quality of what we enjoyed!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Colonial Heights, Virginia
Reviewed 31 March 2011

I concur with kariann11. The facility is beautiful, quiet, and my room was very large. The parking lot is set back from the street which adds privacy and I didn't worry about my car and its contents. The breakfast was good with lots of choices.

The downfall was the internet. The wireless connection in my room was extremely slow and the business center's connection was worse. I couldn't even access the Best Western website to provide feedback or book another room.

My room did not have a do not disturb sign so while I was at breakfast, the maid entered my room. Also, you cannot take food out of the breakfast area which may be a concern for some people but not a problem for me.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
maxkeeton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this review, 1 July 2011
Thank you for your review. Right now we are using a T1 connection. We are looking forward to FIOS when it becomes available in our area. At the present time the bandwidth is divided between the guests that are online at the same time. I appologize for the slow connection. I do hope to have this corrected in the near future.
Richmond, Virginia, USA
Reviewed 21 January 2011

I've stayed at this hotel many times and enjoyed myself. This time however, after asking for linen service, the non-English-speaking housekeeper handed us the sheets to change the bed as if she couldn't understand the request. The manager was unable to get her to the room after I notified him, and after an hour, I chased the housekeeper down myself. After being overcharged for the room, I could not get resolution via email or phone, so I stopped by. The manager was EXTREMELY rude and has no business working with people. During our stay, my friend also witnessed him being derogatory and condescending to the staff while she was in the business office trying to print a document (which, incidentally she was never able to do). The manager, Chuck, is enough to make me take my business elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank 1VAgirl
maxkeeton, Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this review, 31 May 2011
My name is Joseph Joyce. I replaced this Manager in January 2011. I have since been in contact with this guest and she has stayed at this property since this posting.
I would like to inform everyone that this particular "Manager" is NO LONGER EMPLOYED HERE OR WITH ANY OTHER BEST WESTERN!