“Wonderful staff!”

Ranked #11 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Pulaski, Virginia
“Wonderful staff!”
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Numerous trips are made throughout the year to a physician in the Midlothian area for my husband, and each time we stay at The Governor's Inn. The staff is very caring, very accommodating, and assists with any needs we might have. As an added bonus, the rooms are quite large and are very clean. We enjoy the breakfasts, as well.

I cannot express my thanks to the staff enough, especially to Joe, the manager, and to Mary Anna, who is absolutely wonderful to my husband and me. Their length of service at The Governor's Inn attests to how this hotel is run and how well the staff is respected.

My husband and I highly recommend this Best Western and confidently give it an "Excellent" rating.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
md
Reviewed 18 July 2011

We just returned from a two-night stay with our girls lacrosse team. The hotel was very nice--our room was large, clean, and had a lot of character with brick walls. The staff, including Corina at the front desk, Cynthia the sales manager, and Joe the hotel manager, could not have been more accommodating. They were helpful and reassuring when we encountered a problem with the travel agency's reservations. They recommended a nearby restaurant for our large group, and also helped us arrange for a team dinner at the hotel. The other staff members, including the woman at the breakfast room and the housekeeping staff, were equally as friendly and hardworking. Breakfast was fine, and the pool was great. I just can't say enough about the staff though...just extremely nice people who have a lot of pride in their jobs.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank thogan
Efland, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 July 2011

Very clean room. Exercise room had plenty of air and equipment worked. Pool was clean and quite. Only problem was after checkin, the room we were assigned was next to very noisy children and an absent parent and our room key didn't work. Corilina assigned us a new room that was great. Also the beds aren't that hard. We would stay again.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank kpalm
maxkeeton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this review, 4 July 2011
Thank you for your review. This past weekend we had some youth sport teams staying with us. I appreciate your understanding as one of the few things we as hoteliers have very little control over is other peoples behavior. I am extremely pleased with Carinas performance! I am glad to hear that she assisted you in a fast and proffessional manner. We are looking forward to seeing you again!
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 30 June 2011

Most customer service staff I've ever encountered, clean rooms, service great.

Room Tip: Excellent wireless in rooms, very good breakfast
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
North Bay, Canada
Reviewed 16 May 2011

Stayed one night with my husband and parents. This hotel is really beautiful. The beds were comfortable, room was clean. The breakfast room was large and the food was great. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
maxkeeton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this review, 25 June 2011
Thank you very much for your review. And thanks also for uploading the pics!
Virginia Beach
Reviewed 22 April 2011

I was very impressed with my two night stay at this hotel. The room was very well decorated, and extremely quiet, which I requested, and was placed in one on Friday afternoon. He stated that there were two separate buildings, and the first buildinghad a night club, which was noisy, and recommended I be placed in the second building, which is much quieter. The only slight problem I had was the remote for the tv was not working, which I told the girlworking the front desk on Friday evening. She was very concerned and willing to give me a working remote. She brought a new remote to my room Friday evening. I highly recommend this hotel , and will stay here next year.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank countryd00d
Thank you very much for your review! I would also like to inform you that the nightclub is now closed. The rooms in the main building are a little larger but do not have the interior brickwork or the stone walls as the second building. If you request the second building at the time of reservation we will certainly try to accomodate you. Thanks again for your review.
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 6 April 2011

The Best Western Governor's Inn was a blessing for my husband and me and two grown daughters for four nights. The room was large and very clean. The linens on the beds were elegant and made one feel special. The breakfast was a full menu with eggs and sausage, waffles, bagels, etc., all served in a clean, comfortable room set aside from the lobby. Speaking, of the lobby, it was very welcoming and the hotel staff was very welcoming and accommodating too. The brick-exterior of the hotel was a nice touch....adding charm to our stay. I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone! And the rate we got for four nights was unbelievable, especially for the quality of what we enjoyed!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family