“Great find!”

Best Western Plus Governor's Inn
Ranked #16 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 15 October 2012

I have stayed in hotels all over the country and I have to say this one was unique! The hotel was built to appear older. It was fabulous! We loved the brick and stone walls in our room! Great location, great service! We would stay here again and would refer this hotel to others.

• Stayed: October 2012

Reviewed 11 October 2012

We spent the night after a high school reunion and wanted a hotel near the site. we found this Best Western which was about 4 miles away,and were very pleased. It sits a good ways off Midlothian Turnpike,so our room was very quiet. It was a bigger than normal hotel room with a King bed,desk and chair, large chair and footstool,microwave,refrigerator,and TV. Everything in the room and bath was very clean. The sink and vanity is separated from the main room & the commode and tub so my wife could do makeup,while I was taking a hot shower. Bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was in a very large room with plenty of tables. We had scrambled eggs,sausage,yogurt,make your own waffles,4 different cereals,fresh fruit, juice and coffees,and biscuits,bagels and danish. More than ample servings,and the lady was there restocking and cleaning tables and counters. Both Joe the manager, a maintenance worker and a front desk clerk as well as the breakfast lady were all very personable,greeting us,making sure we had no problems and had a good stay. When I return to Richmond for my next reunion,this will be my hotel to stay in. I recommend this to anyone needing a hotel on the Southside of Richmond. There are many restaurants nearby,and the Chesterfield Mall is a few minutes away.

Room Tip: Had a great room on the top floor--I recommend this if possible.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank kingfather
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Joe Joyce, the general manager, took excellent care of my family and I, made sure that we had everything we needed as well as he was extremely polite! We stayed for 3 nights and he made sure to hold conversations with us everyday and ask how we were doing. All of the staff were very friendly as well, including the woman running the breakfast room! We were by far impressed and definitely will return because of how Joe treated us, Thank you!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 October 2012

Joe Joyce, the manager, and the staff here go all out to make sure your entire stay is pleasant. Joe made sure I had everything I needed. He even called a local gym for me to check day rates. The motel itself is classy with wooden beam ceilings, large rooms with fridge and micro wave and comfortable beds.
I travel a lot on my job and a urban motel that is affordable and is not easy to find. Best Western Governor's Inn is a real modern day oasis as far as I'm concerned.

Room Tip: There are two sections to this location. It seems that either one is just as good as the other. The...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 September 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Best Western Governor's Inn recently while attending a religious assembly in Richmond. The rate was very reasonable, and the value for our money was terrific. Although it is outside the hustle and bustle of the city, there are plenty of good restaurants and other amenities nearby. A full buffet breakfast is included in the price of the room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back building if you would rather not have to go outside to go to breakfast.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CharlesGies
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Stayed here on quick vacation with daughter while mother hosted by her sister & husband - who recommended hotel per close location. Funny when people have strong recommendations for hotels without staying at them. My expectations/doubts (from TrpAdvsr) were fulfilled. I would not stay here again..because other better options exist..not because was aweful-it wasn't. Just better values must exist. Cons: breakfast (tries to be HamptonInn/FairfieldInn/etc but is not); building layout goofy (seems OLD, former factory(?)-cool bones, but not for hotel) with 2 wings, 2nd w/o elevator (if you care); some clientele questionale for having daughter with (glad she slept thru fight in parking lot @ 1:30am); smoke smell strong in sections; general feeling mgmt not reinvesting, just harvesting the joint; small (but clean) bathroom, sketchy clothes closet, old HVAC unit & poor hair drier (in Rm228); understaffed front desk; have to drive to go anywhere - no enjoyable walks; thin walls (would have been bad if others noisy). PROS: very comfy beds; maid & most staff have good attitude; generally not dirty (but some smells/smoke); pool in good shape; abundent tv channels (on older tube tv); room safe (key operated); excellent water pressure; can find most anything you'd need within a 3~5 minute drive.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank mechcr8r
Reviewed 18 June 2012

We travel from Florida to Massachusetts quite often and usually plan our over nites fairly close to 95 but this trip was the exception. I had the hotels.com book and spotted this Best Western Plus. It was about 10 miles off the interstate but well worth the trip. The hotel is a little hidden but we were pleasantly surprised!

The women at the front desk was more than happy to take my coupon( not always the case) The room was spacious and had all the amenities micro frig safe and was spotless. No lingering smell of smoke anywhere. The breakfast room was spotless..lots of choices and the coffee was hot and strong. My husband got his USA today so no complaining there. We are putting this place on our must stop list

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family