“Royal Treatment”

Ranked #12 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Garner
“Royal Treatment”
Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

The staff was exceptional from the check in to the check out. I had messed up on my check in date, I was accommodated and was made to feel so welcome. My sister and I stayed that night; we slept and felt very safe. The breakfast was prepared on time and it was tasty. Great coffee, that was very important.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Omababy
Joseph J, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this review, 24 August 2013
Dear Omababy,

I'd like to thank you for submitting your review. I'm glad that your stay here with us was enjoyable and pleased that my staff was able to make you feel welcomed and safe. We're happy that you enjoyed the accommodations, our complimentary hot breakfast, and our freshly brewed coffee.

Thanks again for your great review. We hope that you'll come back and see us again soon!

Joseph Joyce

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Richmond, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I memt with 6 of my high school girlfriends for our yearly weekend get-together!! This hotel provided everything we needed and was so helpful! The rooms (4) were clean, shower was marvelour, bed was so comfy, breakfast was very tasty, pool was accommodating and nice!!. We will be back next year!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Joseph J, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Dear Margaret L,

Thank you for taking the time to share your awesome experience. I am so happy that we were able to make your annual get together special for you this year. We're glad you enjoyed our comfortable guest rooms, deluxe continental breakfast and other amenities we have to offer. Again, thank you for such a great review. We are thrilled that this turned out to be the best weekend ever and we look forward to see you again next year!

Chippenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Had booked this off the back of Tripadvisor reviews as we wanted somewhre close for Monticello etc. We were very pleased with it. We stayed in the annex.

a nice swimming pool for a dip after a warm day.

The decor is slightly weird (gothic horror!) but no complaints.

Great value for money.

Room Tip: We stayed in 135 in the annex. Nice and quiet
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Joseph J, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Dear BennyDiction,

I appreciate your taking the time to submit your review. I'm glad you were satisfied with your stay here with us and got to enjoy one of our quiet, comfortable guest rooms. How about that decor, huh? The exposed brick does give our hotel a sort-of colonial feel, which guests always seem to notice. (I'm happy you had no complaints!)

Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Not my 1st time there. Very unique place with excellent services, big rooms, and very friendly staff. The historic outlook makes it special and the location is great too (many restaurants, shopping and places to visit are nearby) I go on business but will come back with family on pleasure soon

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Joseph J, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I'm thrilled that we could exceed your expectations. We appreciate the opportunity to do so. The colonial feel of our accommodations do indeed make our hotel one-of-a-kind, adding character that you just can't find in many places. We are happy that you will continue to enjoy your visits to Richmond with us and we look forward to seeing you next time.

Richmond, United States
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We always enjoy our stay at the Governor's Inn in Richmond Va. This is a very quaint hotel that makes you feel very at home while offering clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price. There are several national restaurant chains within walking distance and a great sushi restaurant just in front.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Dear Melissa R,

Thank you for submitting your great review. We are glad you continue to choose to stay here with us. Thank you for mentioning our comfortable accommodations and proximity to great restaurants, which make us a prime location for anyone visiting the city. Thank you again for taking the time to share your review. We'll see you soon!

Arlington, United States
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Loved the two queen size beds very comfortable & the room was very spacious enough for roll-away.. Loved the bathroom the sink was separate from shower/tub toilet area. So one can shower in private if need, while another could be putting on make-up or brushing their teeth. The food was very good, fresh fruit was available, waffles & yogurt plus some hot breakfast items. Staff was very nice.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Mildred M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I'm glad that you enjoyed the spacious accommodations and amenities we have to offer. I appreciate your comment regarding my staff, as they take pride in providing guests with great customer service. I'll be happy to pass on your compliments. I'm pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast selections and found everything to your satisfaction. Thank you again for your review and I hope we get the chance to serve you again in the near future.

Montclair, Virginia
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I checked in this afternoon for a business trip. The front desk clerk was nice enough. The room is very nice very very large. There's a little bit of a musty smell, but I just sprayed air freshener and it went away. My problem is the something from the night club downstairs. I knew there was a restaurant I did not know it was a dance club. All I hear is the boom boom boom boom of the base. I hear it over the television. I hear it over the air conditioner which is on high. It is too late now and I am too tired to go downstairs and ask for a new room, but tomorrow I will. I'm not expecting a very good nights sleep tonight.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Dear eileen d,

Thank you your feedback. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused by the music from the lounge. I know how hard it is to get a good night's rest with bass coming up the wall. We generally try to be strategic with placing our guests when we know that there's going to be an event in the restaurant downstairs. Unfortunately, we dropped the ball that night and I am truly sorry. Hopefully, the rest of your stay here with us was more enjoyable than the first night and that we were able to resolve the issue to your satisfaction. I do hope that you will give us another chance to meet and possibly even exceed your expectations Again, thank you again for taking the time to submit your review. I hope we will see you again soon.