“A Really Nice Place to Stay”

Best Western Plus Governor's Inn
Ranked #11 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Waynesboro, Virginia
“A Really Nice Place to Stay”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We stayed one night here and really liked the hotel. Compared to other hotels in the area, the rates were VERY reasonable. The room was spacious and clean. Even though I had mapquest directions, it was hard for me to find because the sign was smaller than I expected. The breakfast was very good and ample. The staff was very accommodating, friendly and helpful. The bathroom was a bit dated and the faucet had way to much pressure (funny, because the usual complaint is just the opposite)....otherwise, I would have given this Best Western a 5. I will definitely come back should I need a place to stay in Richmond.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Joseph J, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Dear karengarber1947,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of our hotel. We're pleased that you found your stay here a good value for the money. Although we can be a little hard to spot from the road, I'm glad you eventually found us and got to enjoy our spacious guest rooms and deluxe continental breakfast. I apologize for any discomfort caused by the excessive water pressure and have passed your concerns along to my team. Again, thank you for your feedback, and we hope that you'll stay with us the next time you're in town.

Joseph Joyce

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Reviewed 6 September 2013

This was our first stay at Best Western hotel. Everything was great from check in to check out.The rooms were clean and well maintained.Location is close to dining and shopping.The hot breakfast was also very good they had a nice variety. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
Joseph J, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Dear Deed1957,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am thrilled that we represented the Best Western brand well and made a good impression on you. I'm glad that you enjoyed our clean, comfortable guest rooms and the deluxe continental breakfast. I'm happy we could meet your needs. Thank you again for the great review. We appreciate your recommendation and hope to serve you again on your next visit to Richmond!

Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We stayed here two nights and really enjoyed our stay. The room was spacious, the beds were comfortable, and best of all, it was very quiet. The water pressure in the shower was wonderful, and the breakfast definitely served our needs. The only small complaint I have is that the air conditioner really struggled to keep up with the heat and humidity. And it feels like the halls aren't air conditioned at all, so those were pretty muggy. Other than that, it was a nice stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Joseph J, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Dear Arlo89,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I'm happy you enjoyed our comfortable guest rooms and complimentary hot breakfast. Please accept our apologies for the discomfort caused to you by the mugginess. I passed your comment on to my team, and we have taken steps to address the a/c situation. I hope that this won't deter you from coming back to stay with us, and that you'll allow us to serve you in the future.

Thanks again for your great review. We hope that you'll come back to visit us again soon!

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 26 August 2013

First time I stayed at Best West was when I called a booking agent and wanted a whirl pool bath, they gave me this place. I stayed for 4 days, loved it. Could have used more channels on the TV tho. I stayed again last week for the weekend. Staff was great, no complaints really...

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Joseph J, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm thrilled that we exceeded your expectations so well that you decided to come back and stay with us again. Thanks for your comment regarding my staff. They do their best to provide a great guest experience and I'll be happy to let them know that they are indeed getting the job done. Hopefully, by the time you return, our switch from cable to satellite will have been completed (and you'll have a wider range of station options).

Again, thank you for sharing your experience and we hope to see you on your next visit.

Lansdowne, United States
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We always stay here when in the Richmond area. The pool is great, and the service is good. It is close to a lot of resturants and shopping areas. It is close to Putt Putt, which we always enjoy with our granddaughter.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Joseph J, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this review, 25 August 2013
Dear John L,

Thank you for your review. I'm happy that we remain your go-to hotel for lodging in the Richmond area. We do indeed care about providing great service for our guests and I'm glad that my staff does a good job at making you feel welcomed. Thanks again for taking the time to share your feedback. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Richmond.

Garner
Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

The staff was exceptional from the check in to the check out. I had messed up on my check in date, I was accommodated and was made to feel so welcome. My sister and I stayed that night; we slept and felt very safe. The breakfast was prepared on time and it was tasty. Great coffee, that was very important.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Omababy
Joseph J, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this review, 24 August 2013
Dear Omababy,

I'd like to thank you for submitting your review. I'm glad that your stay here with us was enjoyable and pleased that my staff was able to make you feel welcomed and safe. We're happy that you enjoyed the accommodations, our complimentary hot breakfast, and our freshly brewed coffee.

Thanks again for your great review. We hope that you'll come back and see us again soon!

Richmond, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I memt with 6 of my high school girlfriends for our yearly weekend get-together!! This hotel provided everything we needed and was so helpful! The rooms (4) were clean, shower was marvelour, bed was so comfy, breakfast was very tasty, pool was accommodating and nice!!. We will be back next year!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Joseph J, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Dear Margaret L,

Thank you for taking the time to share your awesome experience. I am so happy that we were able to make your annual get together special for you this year. We're glad you enjoyed our comfortable guest rooms, deluxe continental breakfast and other amenities we have to offer. Again, thank you for such a great review. We are thrilled that this turned out to be the best weekend ever and we look forward to see you again next year!