“Highly Recommended”

Ranked #12 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Highly Recommended”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I was very pleased with the expectations of coming back to a very clean room, quality towels, and the not so typical perks, including a safe, high end iron to touch up my clothes as well as the spaciousness of the room. The little things like access to ice or need for a COLD beverage is easily accessible. The continental breakfast is more than the "average" with quality coffee as a plus. The weekend attendant, Penny, stayed on top of everything from clean tables to ensuring plenty of hot food. If you are seeking a quiet room when you want to undisturbed rest, need access to the modern facilities of a gym, enjoy a good breakfast, or struggle with parking,then this is your place. An additional plus is that their restaurant/pub is located conveniently across the hall from the lobby where you check in/out. This management constant visual awareness of the environment within. For the mature adult, this is a definite haven from the noise of other "hotels".

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at Best Western Plus Governors Inn. I am very pleased to see that you would highly recommend our hotel. We do take pride in our hotel as well as taking care of our guests. We look forward to your very next stay with us. Thank you again for leaving such positive feedback for us. If I can be of any further assistance to you, please feel free to contact me directly.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 18 February 2014

The Staff is VERY Friendly, Jose & Linda were a great Help, The rooms were very nice and clean, but wait until you have to go to sleep. TERROR AWAITS YOU. They have a club and restaurant in the first floor and at 10.00pm the music starts playing and is so loud and the people outside are so noisy you can't really sleep, and that is all the way till 2:00am and if you were like Us that were going to an all day meeting from 9:00am till 5:00pm and you need to sleep, well kiss your night good bye unless you want to Drink and Party down with them, I will not recomend this Hotel for a weekend stay. During the week days is OK, and the Breakfast bar is one of the better ones in the Midlothian area, so in short the hotel is nice and clean good staff great B-Fast, but to go and sleep on the week-ends, is a NO-GO

2 Thank DaMarcanos
Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Thank you for providing your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am so happy to hear that Jose and Lisa were a great help to you. It prides me when the staff provides great customer service. I am so sorry to hear on the other hand that the noise from the lounge kept you awake. You can always reach me at 804-323-0007 Ext. 7300 or via email at bwgovernorsinn@yahoo.com to discuss any issues you have with your stay. We are in the process of making changes to ensure our guests do not experience what you had to encounter. Again, my apologies for the noise.
Fairfax, United States
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I stayed here for a Business conference. The hotel is quiet, nicely appointed and just enough off the street to avoid most of the street noise. Rooms are large and nicely appointed, staff was very pleasant and professional. Definitely would stay again!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
I want to take the time to thank you for leaving your feedback on TripAdvisor. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us and I want to personally thank you for all the positive feedback you left. We take pride in our hotel and we are very happy that you noticed the great things our hotel has to offer our guests. We hope that you will come back and see us in the near future. Again, thank you for leaving your feedback on TripAdvisor.
Va Beach, United States
Reviewed 10 February 2014

For the $$ this is a very nice hotel. The rooms are very clean and the staff were very helpful. It was nice to have frig/microwave and coffee maker in the room... The safe was a HUGE plus. There was a breakfast in the AM at no add'l charge but was nothing to write home about. Still it wasn't bad.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
I would like tho take the time to thank you for leaving your feedback on TripAdvisor. We appreciate and value our guest's feedback in order to make any changes that we need to make and/or compliment the staff that have done a good job. I am glad that you enjoyed the room amenities that we offered. I am sorry to hear that our breakfast wasn't as appealing to you. We will definitely look into some other options for our breakfast to see if that would be more appealing to our guests. Again, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.
Waynesboro, Virginia
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I am currently sitting on the bathroom floor @ 12:29 am, because the music downstairs is so loud it woke me up! I will not be able to return to bed until it stops. Called the front desk and was told it will be 2:00am when it stops. When I made this paid reservation online, I immediately called the hotel directly to say we were coming to Richmond for my 8yr.old granddaughters swim championship meet. The gentleman I talked to said we could be given a room in the second building, but when we checked in @ 8:00, we were not only not given the room promised, we were given a room over the nightclub. No one should ever be given this room!!!!! I am going to demand my money back and if they don't, I am calling American Express and filing a complaint. Be aware of broken promises.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am so sorry to hear of your bad experience at our hotel. If you would like to discuss this with me, I can be reached at bwgovernorsinn@yahoo.com or via telephone at 804-323-0007. Again, my sincerest apologies for the bad experience you encountered with the noise from the lounge downstairs.
Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Simply put I travel on my job overnight about 8 days a month. The Best Western Governor's Inn is just off the main highway offering secluded and quite rooms. The rooms are spacious and practical. Internet, comfortable bed HDTV and close to as many restaurants and entertainment venues as anyone could want. A great place to stay while in Richmond, VA.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
I wanted to take the time to thank you so very much for providing such nice feedback regarding your recent stay at Best Western Plus Governors Inn. We take pride in our hotel as well as our guests. We want nothing but the best for you while you are here with us. We look forward to your return visit in the future. Thank you again for your positive feedback on TripAdvisor.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 January 2014

My husband and I wanted to say how terrific Penny is!!!! The hotel has become our home away from home and Penny always welcomes us back by making our stay as comfortable and effortless as possible. Her customer service is truly an asset and she always assists with a welcoming, genuine smile. I would recommend Governor's Inn any time!!!!
Thank you Bessie Y.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so very much for providing such positive feedback regarding your stay at Best Western Plus Governors Inn. I am delighted to know that you had the pleasure of meeting our wonderful Breakfast Hostess Penny. She is quite awesome indeed. I am glad to know that your experience here was a positive one. We look forward to your return visit in the future. Thank you again for sharing your feedback.