“Creepy”

Ranked #11 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Washington DC
“Creepy”
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

The staff was great. Room was clean but the place is just creepy. Located behind a car wash and small business park. Arrived after dark to a poorly lit road to the hotel. There is no on site dining but there is complimentary breakfast. The breakfast attendant could not possibly do more to keep everything stocked and clean. My room appeared to be an old meeting space. Giant room that was furnished for a room half the size. As a woman traveling alone for business I would not recommend this location. For a family or male, no problem. Just my opinion.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank kate20155
Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
I want to take the time to thank you for providing your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am deeply saddened to hear about your experience here at the Best Western Plus Governor's Inn. I am so sorry that the experience was not up to your expectations. I will forward your comments to the ownership regarding the lack of furniture in our spacious upgraded rooms. We are going to be doing some redesign meetings with Best Western in the near future. I am not sure what changes if any will be made during those meetings however I hope this will not deter you from staying with us in the future. I can always be reached at bwgovernorsinn@yahoo.com or via phone at 804-323-0007.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed 24 February 2014

While I have no complaints about the room or staff, I was shocked when the loud music started at 9:00 PM. I thought it was next door until I listened and realized it was coming from below. I called the front desk to complain and they said it was the nightclub! WHAT? A nightclub? Under my room? Are you kidding me?

No, and the music would continue until at least midnight. It was open every Friday and Saturday night.

Obviously, I could not stay. There was no other room available. I asked the front desk guy to find me a room at another hotel, which he did. I left immediately and stayed nearby for $45 more. I was infuriated. Lesson - don't stay at this hotel on a Friday or Saturday if you want to sleep before midnight (or later for all I know). If you must stay here, insist on a room away from the nightclub. Needless to say, I won't be back.

Room Tip: Insist on the building away from the nightclub if you are there on weekend.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank friendswithdave
Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
I wanted to personally take the time out to apologize about the noise you encountered from the lounge during your stay. We always want our guests to have an enjoyable stay with us and I am sorry to hear that this was not the case during this stay. Again, please accept mt sincerest apologies regarding this. I can be reached at 804-323-0007 Ext. 7300 or via email at bwgovernorsinn@yahoo.com to discuss this further if you would like. I hope that you would return to us in the future and maybe we could locate you to our other building so that you are away from the lounge and can have a peaceful night with us. Again, my apologies.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I was very pleased with the expectations of coming back to a very clean room, quality towels, and the not so typical perks, including a safe, high end iron to touch up my clothes as well as the spaciousness of the room. The little things like access to ice or need for a COLD beverage is easily accessible. The continental breakfast is more than the "average" with quality coffee as a plus. The weekend attendant, Penny, stayed on top of everything from clean tables to ensuring plenty of hot food. If you are seeking a quiet room when you want to undisturbed rest, need access to the modern facilities of a gym, enjoy a good breakfast, or struggle with parking,then this is your place. An additional plus is that their restaurant/pub is located conveniently across the hall from the lobby where you check in/out. This management constant visual awareness of the environment within. For the mature adult, this is a definite haven from the noise of other "hotels".

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at Best Western Plus Governors Inn. I am very pleased to see that you would highly recommend our hotel. We do take pride in our hotel as well as taking care of our guests. We look forward to your very next stay with us. Thank you again for leaving such positive feedback for us. If I can be of any further assistance to you, please feel free to contact me directly.
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 18 February 2014

The Staff is VERY Friendly, Jose & Linda were a great Help, The rooms were very nice and clean, but wait until you have to go to sleep. TERROR AWAITS YOU. They have a club and restaurant in the first floor and at 10.00pm the music starts playing and is so loud and the people outside are so noisy you can't really sleep, and that is all the way till 2:00am and if you were like Us that were going to an all day meeting from 9:00am till 5:00pm and you need to sleep, well kiss your night good bye unless you want to Drink and Party down with them, I will not recomend this Hotel for a weekend stay. During the week days is OK, and the Breakfast bar is one of the better ones in the Midlothian area, so in short the hotel is nice and clean good staff great B-Fast, but to go and sleep on the week-ends, is a NO-GO

2 Thank DaMarcanos
Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Thank you for providing your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am so happy to hear that Jose and Lisa were a great help to you. It prides me when the staff provides great customer service. I am so sorry to hear on the other hand that the noise from the lounge kept you awake. You can always reach me at 804-323-0007 Ext. 7300 or via email at bwgovernorsinn@yahoo.com to discuss any issues you have with your stay. We are in the process of making changes to ensure our guests do not experience what you had to encounter. Again, my apologies for the noise.
Fairfax, United States
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I stayed here for a Business conference. The hotel is quiet, nicely appointed and just enough off the street to avoid most of the street noise. Rooms are large and nicely appointed, staff was very pleasant and professional. Definitely would stay again!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
I want to take the time to thank you for leaving your feedback on TripAdvisor. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us and I want to personally thank you for all the positive feedback you left. We take pride in our hotel and we are very happy that you noticed the great things our hotel has to offer our guests. We hope that you will come back and see us in the near future. Again, thank you for leaving your feedback on TripAdvisor.
Va Beach, United States
Reviewed 10 February 2014

For the $$ this is a very nice hotel. The rooms are very clean and the staff were very helpful. It was nice to have frig/microwave and coffee maker in the room... The safe was a HUGE plus. There was a breakfast in the AM at no add'l charge but was nothing to write home about. Still it wasn't bad.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
I would like tho take the time to thank you for leaving your feedback on TripAdvisor. We appreciate and value our guest's feedback in order to make any changes that we need to make and/or compliment the staff that have done a good job. I am glad that you enjoyed the room amenities that we offered. I am sorry to hear that our breakfast wasn't as appealing to you. We will definitely look into some other options for our breakfast to see if that would be more appealing to our guests. Again, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.
Waynesboro, Virginia
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I am currently sitting on the bathroom floor @ 12:29 am, because the music downstairs is so loud it woke me up! I will not be able to return to bed until it stops. Called the front desk and was told it will be 2:00am when it stops. When I made this paid reservation online, I immediately called the hotel directly to say we were coming to Richmond for my 8yr.old granddaughters swim championship meet. The gentleman I talked to said we could be given a room in the second building, but when we checked in @ 8:00, we were not only not given the room promised, we were given a room over the nightclub. No one should ever be given this room!!!!! I am going to demand my money back and if they don't, I am calling American Express and filing a complaint. Be aware of broken promises.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am so sorry to hear of your bad experience at our hotel. If you would like to discuss this with me, I can be reached at bwgovernorsinn@yahoo.com or via telephone at 804-323-0007. Again, my sincerest apologies for the bad experience you encountered with the noise from the lounge downstairs.