“Very Accomodating”

Ranked #11 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Kitchener, Canada
“Very Accomodating”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We came down with a soccer team from Canada and were extremely pleased that they opened their breakfast buffet an hour early for the girls. They also changed their menu to ensure the girls had everything they needed to perform. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful ( Penny, the lovely lady who runs the breakfast was amazing). We had one of our families come in and when the staff at the front desk saw the room they had booked, they immediately offered them another larger room to accommodate the number of people in their group. We would definitely stay here again!! A huge thank you to Adorna and the staff for making our stay an enjoyable one!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank joanne b
Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is my pleasure to have been able to host your event here at the hotel as well as open Breakfast up early for your team so that they were able to make their tournament without having to rush. I have such wonderful staff members and I am so overwhelmed that they provided you and our guests such exceptional Customer Service as well as clean and comfortable rooms. I will pass on your gracious comments to Penny and Adorna, I know they will be very appreciative to hear they did such a fabulous job. We will look to seeing you again in the future. Again, thank you so very much for your feedback on TripAdvisor.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Augusta, Maine
Reviewed 13 March 2014

This hotel can be counted on for a good overnight at a very reasonable price. Rooms are clean and comfortable, however It is getting to the point where refurbishment needs to start. Our room was missing the desk/table altogether with nothing as a substitute. The bathroom is showing signs of age..but having said that, staff is always helpful and courteous, accommodations are acceptable, breakfast is hot and displayed nicely. For the price, this is a good deal..

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank debsmiley1
I wanted to take the time to thank you for providing us your feedback on TripAdvisor. It is guests like yourself that help us to maintain our hotel quality and guest satisfaction. I see that you noted some areas of improvement for us and I thank you for pointing those out, I will pass those on to the ownership. Anyway that we can improve our hotel and the satisfaction of our guests, we will make every attempt to do so. Thank you again for providing your feedback. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.
Crozet, Virginia
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We just returned from a night at this hotel. Nice stay overall however we stayed in a non-smoking room on second floor and hallway had a very strong smoky odor. The room did not have this smoky smell thank goodness or we could not have stayed. The breakfast was excellent and even included hot foods. The staff could not have been nicer. My husband & I were there for a business meeting and witnessed the staff cleaning, etc., but think because the building is older, this old smoky smell will always be there on the second floor. Other than that issue, I would recommend.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on TripAdvisor. I just wanted to apologize to you for the strong smoke smell you encountered on the 2nd floor of our building. Myself along with the owner will be looking into ways in which we can eliminate the smell of smoke on that floor. I am appalled that my staff was not nice according to your feedback. If you would like to discuss any of your feedback I can be reached at 804-323-0007 or via email at bwgovernorsinn@yahoo.com. I do hope that you will stay with us again in the near future. Again, thank you for providing your feedback to us.
Old Town, Florida, United States
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I stay at this hotel often and LOVE IT. When I am not here for work, I have my family with me and they enjoy the pool, fittness room and breakfast every morning. We enjoy this hotel and would not stay any where else when in Richmond, VA.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you for providing your feedback on TripAdvisor. We appreciate the great comments you left regarding our hotel. I am overwhelmed to know that you love our hotel so much. I am pleased to know that I have such great staff that take care of our guests. I look forward to your return stay with us. Again, thank you so much for the great comments you provided and we look forward to serving you again in the future.
Nanuet, New York
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here twice now coming to Richmond on business. It has been a pleasant stay on both occasions. Nothing too fancy about the place but it has large rooms and they are well kept. The staff here is fine with little fanfare but they do their job. The hotel has a great location near main roads and easy to get too.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am glad to see that you are a frequent guest of ours. We are glad that you choose Best Western Plus Governor's Inn for your hotel accommodations. I am honored that my staff provide you with clean and comfortable spacious rooms as well as fine Customer Service. We look forward to your return stay with us and again thank you for providing your feedback on TripAdvisor.
Hackensack, New Jersey
Reviewed 10 March 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Best Western Plus Governor's Inn in Richmond, VA on March 4, 2014. The hotel is interesting regarding its ambiance and architectural appearance. We were graciously welcomed by Lisa, one of the front desk receptionists. She was eager to please us with a nice room. The room was huge. My only complaint was that the floor (under the carpeting) sloped making it difficulty to maintain one's balance. I have no idea why the floor sloped, but it did. I believe we were in Room 322, but not sure. The breakfast was very adequate and well attended by Penny. She made sure that everything was displayed nicely and asked if there was anything we needed. Upon Check out, we were greeted by Carina, another lovely young woman at the front desk. All in all, the room was comfortable and we were happy to spend the night at this property. All the above-mentioned personnel were pleasant and professional. They are an asset to Best Western.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
I wanted to take the time to thank you for providing your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to hear that you were taken care of by 3 of my most valuable employees, Lisa, Penny & Carina. I apologize about the sloping of the floor in your room. We will definitely look into the flooring situation so thank you for bringing that to our attention. We hope that you will return to our property again in the future. Again, thank you for providing your feedback on TripAdvisor.
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Hotel Staff friendly and very attentive. We arrived before check-in time. However, staff accommodated us in a timely manner. Allowing us to start our stay immediately.
Breakfast room staff was exceptional. Penny stood out on the days of our visit. She made sure hot foods were hot and cold foods were cold. When we encountered difficulty using the mini waffle iron, she kindly demonstrated how to get "perfect" waffles. Thank you Penny!

Room Tip: Request rooms in the main building if you want to use business center or gym. However, rooms in the...