“Average accommodations but great service”

Best Western Plus Governor's Inn
Ranked #15 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Decor is dated but overall the service took this rating from average to above average. There was a karaoke bar on the first floor and my only issue was I am assuming a drunk individual was slamming doors around 2am. Front desk was very nice and it stopped after she came up to check it out. For the money it is a decent place to stay with many nice restaurants around on the pike...

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on Trip Advisor regarding Best Western Plus Governor's Inn located in Richmond, Va. I am sorry to hear that you feel that our hotel has average accommodations however I am pleased to know that the Service you received took the rating higher for you. We are in the process of doing some updates to our furniture and artwork later on in the year so maybe you will be able to come back to our hotel and see the changes we made at that time. I am sorry to hear about the noise from the individual leaving the lounge but was glad to hear that my Guest Service Representative handled this issue for you. Again, thank you for providing your feedback on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Hotel was pretty clean and up to date. Not a lot of wear on furnishings, etc. Price was okay for what they offer. Breakfast was severely lacking in quality and they ran out of a lot of items by 7:30 AM.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on Trip Advisor regarding your stay at Best Western Plus Governors Inn located in Richmond Va. I am so sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations regarding our Breakfast or the quality of it. I am sorry to hear that we ran out of items at 7:30am. I will look into this to find out what happened. Anytime you have an issue while at my property, please bring it to my attention so I can resolve it. I can always be reached at 804-323-0007 or via email at bwgovernorsinn@yahoo.com. Again, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We hope that you will return to see us again in the future.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Quality hotel on the way around. Charming exterior, helpful staff and delicious breakfast. Definitely would come again...although it's a little tricky to find the entrance. I came here to attend a funeral and Lisa at the desk even suggested she print out the location of my destination for me. Very helpful staff.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Lavamagnet
Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback on Trip Advisor regarding the Best Western Plus Governors Inn located in Richmond, Va. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel . I am so sorry that it was under such circumstances that you were staying with us but very happy to hear that you received such superior Customer Care from our team member Lisa. She is such an asset to our team and we are lucky to have her. I look forward to you returning to our hotel in the future and thank you so much for your business. Again, thank you for providing us your feedback.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Have stayed perhaps 5 times. Keep coming back because of the clean large rooms and friendly staff. Landscaping is attractive. The property is older but well maintained. We also like the convenient location. The property is set back so there is no traffic noise.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on Trip Advisor regarding the Best Western Plus-Governor's Inn located in Richmond, Va. It is always a pleasure to know that our guests have had such a pleasant stay. We value your feedback. I am glad that we can accommodate you with clean rooms, friendly staff and a great location. I hope that you will return to us in the near future. Again, thank you for providing your feedback to us on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This hotel is AWESOME!!!! From the staff to the food to the rooms... Will always stay at the Governors Inn Best Western any time we are in Richmond VA. They were so helpful and knowledgeable. They are in a great location and very close to shopping when my husband was in meetings all day.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I wanted to take the time to thank you so much for the feedback you provided for Best Western Plus-Governor's Inn located in Richmond, Va. It was a pleasure having you here as our guests. I am happy that you were able to shop at local shops while your husband was at work, I am sure that made for a great day. We hope that you will return to us in the near future. Again, thank you for leaving such a great review for us on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

The grounds at the best western were beautiful. No trash in the parking lot, beautiful flowers blooming . The room was huge! I couldn't believe how big. Very updated with nice carpet and big flat screen TV. Bed was comfortable. Penny was in the breakfast area and she did a fantastic job as everything was well stocked and fresh. She came in the room saying good morning and asked if I needed anything. ( when was the last time you were at a hotel and were asked that?) Usually its the guest asking for something. But not with Penny on the job. When I checked out, Tasha was very friendly, pleasant and helpful. You got that vibe that she really cared about her job and she wasn't being fake.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on TripAdvisor regarding the Best Western Plus-Governors Inn in Richmond, Va. I am very pleased to know that you really enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad that we could provide you clean grounds, clean room, and friendly staff. Penny is an asset to our company and I am glad that you had the chance to have an encounter with her. I hope that you will return in the near future and just want to thank you again for leaving such a great review for us.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Beautiful brick hotel, very friendly staff! Breakfast was great! Penny was very helpful with breakfast! Pool was small but clean! Overall good stay! And there is a nice patio outback for lounging! Family Friendly and nice

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

I would like to take the time to thank you for providing feedback on Trip Advisor regarding the Best Western Plus Governors Inn in Richmond, Virginia. We value our guests feedback and are happy that you had an enjoyable stay. Penny is one of my best and we are so lucky to have her, I will pass on your comments to her. I am glad we could provide you with a positive experience. Again, thank you for leaving your feedback. We hope to see you again in the near future.