“Excellent service”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn
Ranked #12 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stayed here for an extended family reunion. Rooms very clean and the customer service was beyond expectations. They did have trouble staffing the banquet we had scheduled, but then we had about 15 more people than we had expected.

• Stayed June 2014
Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback on Trip Advisor regarding the Best Western Plus-Governors Inn located in Richmond, Virginia. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. To hear how clean the rooms were and the Customer Service that you received is always great for a Manager to hear. I am sorry to hear about the Banquet issue that you encountered however I am glad that it still turned out to be a very nice Family Reunion for you and your family. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future. Again, thank you for providing us your feedback.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Eden, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Excellent accommodations and STAFF all have a great customer service attitude....It is off the road enough to give a quiet experience....yet is located amopng great restaurants and shopping centers...Parking lot and swimming pool were immaculate

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback n Trip Advisor regarding the Best Western Plus Governors Inn located in Richmond, Virginia. I am so pleased to hear that my staff provided you with superior Customer Care during your staff. I have a great staff and they love our guests. Easy access to restaurants and shopping is always a plus. We are happy to provide you with a clean and immaculate parking lot and pool area as well. Thank you so very much for your comments and we look forward to your return visit.
Zanesville, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Decor is dated but overall the service took this rating from average to above average. There was a karaoke bar on the first floor and my only issue was I am assuming a drunk individual was slamming doors around 2am. Front desk was very nice and it stopped after she came up to check it out. For the money it is a decent place to stay with many nice restaurants around on the pike...

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on Trip Advisor regarding Best Western Plus Governor's Inn located in Richmond, Va. I am sorry to hear that you feel that our hotel has average accommodations however I am pleased to know that the Service you received took the rating higher for you. We are in the process of doing some updates to our furniture and artwork later on in the year so maybe you will be able to come back to our hotel and see the changes we made at that time. I am sorry to hear about the noise from the individual leaving the lounge but was glad to hear that my Guest Service Representative handled this issue for you. Again, thank you for providing your feedback on Trip Advisor.
Newport News
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Hotel was pretty clean and up to date. Not a lot of wear on furnishings, etc. Price was okay for what they offer. Breakfast was severely lacking in quality and they ran out of a lot of items by 7:30 AM.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on Trip Advisor regarding your stay at Best Western Plus Governors Inn located in Richmond Va. I am so sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations regarding our Breakfast or the quality of it. I am sorry to hear that we ran out of items at 7:30am. I will look into this to find out what happened. Anytime you have an issue while at my property, please bring it to my attention so I can resolve it. I can always be reached at 804-323-0007 or via email at bwgovernorsinn@yahoo.com. Again, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We hope that you will return to see us again in the future.
Jericho, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Quality hotel on the way around. Charming exterior, helpful staff and delicious breakfast. Definitely would come again...although it's a little tricky to find the entrance. I came here to attend a funeral and Lisa at the desk even suggested she print out the location of my destination for me. Very helpful staff.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Lavamagnet
Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback on Trip Advisor regarding the Best Western Plus Governors Inn located in Richmond, Va. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel . I am so sorry that it was under such circumstances that you were staying with us but very happy to hear that you received such superior Customer Care from our team member Lisa. She is such an asset to our team and we are lucky to have her. I look forward to you returning to our hotel in the future and thank you so much for your business. Again, thank you for providing us your feedback.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Have stayed perhaps 5 times. Keep coming back because of the clean large rooms and friendly staff. Landscaping is attractive. The property is older but well maintained. We also like the convenient location. The property is set back so there is no traffic noise.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on Trip Advisor regarding the Best Western Plus-Governor's Inn located in Richmond, Va. It is always a pleasure to know that our guests have had such a pleasant stay. We value your feedback. I am glad that we can accommodate you with clean rooms, friendly staff and a great location. I hope that you will return to us in the near future. Again, thank you for providing your feedback to us on Trip Advisor.
Old Town, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

This hotel is AWESOME!!!! From the staff to the food to the rooms... Will always stay at the Governors Inn Best Western any time we are in Richmond VA. They were so helpful and knowledgeable. They are in a great location and very close to shopping when my husband was in meetings all day.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I wanted to take the time to thank you so much for the feedback you provided for Best Western Plus-Governor's Inn located in Richmond, Va. It was a pleasure having you here as our guests. I am happy that you were able to shop at local shops while your husband was at work, I am sure that made for a great day. We hope that you will return to us in the near future. Again, thank you for leaving such a great review for us on Trip Advisor.