“Good value”

Best Western Plus Governor's Inn
Ranked #16 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We were looking for a clean hotel that wouldn't break the bank and this hotel fit the bill. The staff were friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast was very good and Charlot kept the breakfast area immaculately clean. She was continually wiping down the surfaces and replenishing the food. She never stopped making sure that everything was as perfect as it could be.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

I want to take the time to thank you for providing your feedback regarding the Best Western Plus Governors Inn located in Richmond, Va. I am so happy to hear that our hotel was clean and our staff was friendly. Charlot in the Breakfast Area is a great employee and I am glad that you had the opportunity to meet her and see her on the job providing superior customer service. Again, thank you for leaving your feedback as we value our guest and their feedback. Please come stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Nice hotel with courteous staff. The front desk always said, "Hello", when you came through the door. Continental breakfast was always good and Charlot kept everything clean and available. Saw Charlot wiping down the chair legs during breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

I want to take the time to thank you for providing your feedback on Trip Advisor regarding the Best Western Plus Governor's Inn located in Richmond, Va. It is always a pleasure to hear how courteous my staff is. I am glad that you had the opportunity to meet Charlot in our Breakfast Area. She does a fine job in there and she is an asset to our hotel. I will make sure I pass on your comments to her, I am sure that will make her day. Please come back again to see us in the future as we do appreciate your business. Again, thank you for leaving your feedback for us.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I'm a disabled veteran and I have had to travel to Richmond Va. Several times a year for the past 5 or so years for treatment. On my first visit I found this Best Western and was so pleased I had no need to look any further. The rooms are clean, the staff is great. It is located close to the VA hospital and surrounded by great food and plenty of shopping. They even have reduced rates for veterans who have appointments at the VA hospital. My only complaint is that some of the rooms need a little updating.

Room Tip: The rooms in the main building are more modern.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

I want to take the time to thank you for providing your feedback on Trip Advisor regarding the Best Western Plus Governors Inn located in Richmond, Va. I am happy to hear that you enjoy your stay with us when you come to the Va. Hospital. I just wanted to let you know that we will be updating our property in September so hopefully you will come back and see all the great new changes we will have accomplished. Thank you again for providing us your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

This hotel must have been good...quite a while ago though.
It would need a huge renovation, it is pretty clean, but really, really outdated!!!
Breakfast is served in paper dishes and glasses and is barely acceptable.
Staff has always been very nice and friendly and that improved the experience

2  Thank Pappone78
Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

I want to take the time to thank you for providing your feedback on Trip Advisor regarding the Best Western Plus Governors Inn located in Richmond, Va. I am sorry to hear that your experience with us was not a pleasant one. I can always be contacted at 804-323-0007 or via email at bwgovernorsinn@yahoo.com to discuss issues regarding my hotel. We are in the process of getting ready for renovations starting in September so I am sorry that you visited with us before we had an opportunity to update our furniture and furnishings. Please come back and visit us when we have completed our renovations. Thank you again for providing your feedback.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We were well treated by all and the service was very good, especially by Charlot who supervised the continental breakfast one of our two mornings there. You have easy travel times to downtown Richmond as well as to the historic sites such as the battlefields, Tredegars, the Civil War museums, and Hollywood Cemetery, which is a must see...do the car tour of the cemetery if you love history.

Room Tip: Ask for Building A which is closest to the front desk, breakfast, and the business center for comput...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LARRY L
Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

I want to take the time to say thank you so much for submitting your review on Trip Advisor regarding the Best Western Governors Inn located in Richmond, Va. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay as well as the service you received from our staff and more importantly Charlot in the Breakfast Area. I am very lucky to have such great employees. I am glad that you had the opportunity to see some of the local attractions in our area. We hope that you will return to our hotel in the future. Thank you for staying with us and again for the great feedback you left for us.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

My wife and I have just returned from a three day stay at the Governors Inn in Richmond. The staff were all friendly and considerate. The bed was able to be slept in. The room was tidy and the halls had been freshly cleaned.
The star of our experience was the breakfast area and the ladies who staffed it. All of the food was fresh and Penny & Charlot worked hard to ensure that not only we, but everyone in the room, had whatever they needed to make their breakfast an enjoyable meal.
Would we ever stay there again? I'm not sure but if we did it Penny & Charlot would be a big factor in our going back.

Room Tip: Go non-smoking
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

I want to thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on Trip Advisor regarding Best Western Plus Governor's Inn in Richmond, Va. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am happy to hear that you had the opportunity to meet Penny and Charlot. They are awesome and I am lucky to have each of them on my team. Again, thank you for leaving your feedback. We appreciate your business.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

6-night stay with my dog. Room was clean, without dog odor. Large rooms Older hotel with a lot of charm/character with exposed brick. Free breakfast was good. Exercise room had the right amount of cardio equipment and weights. Nice pool and surrounding area. Staff very accommodating and eager to ensure stay was comfortable. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

I want to take the time to thank you for leaving your feedback on Trip Advisor for the Best Western Plus-Governor's Inn. I am glad to hear that you and your pet had a nice clean room to relax in during your stay. We really value all our guests including our little furry friends as well. I am glad to hear that our staff is very friendly and accommodating. We look forward to your return. Again, thank you for leaving your feedback for us.