“A good time was had by all”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn
Ranked #12 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Lugoff, South Carolina
“A good time was had by all”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

Our room was very clean and neat. The staff was very helpful and courteous. Charlot, in the kitchen was wonderful... This was the best hotel we stayed at during our one mounts stay in Richmond, VA. And we stayed at four other hotels...

Room Tip: Building "B" by the pool.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback on Trip Advisor regarding the Best Western Plus Governors Inn located in Richmond, Va. I am so pleased to hear that you really enjoyed your stay with us and the Superior Customer Care you received by my team. Charlot is an asset to our company and I am so fortunate to have her as part of my team. I will definitely pass on your feedback to her as I know she will be very grateful to hear your feedback. We hope that you will return to see us in the future. Again, thank you so much for providing us your feedback as we value our guest and what they have to say.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Harrisonburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

The rooms are large, clean, and comfortable. Even the TV is upscale. Best of all (for me), the wireless speed: a) works and b) is fast! Staff are exceptionally helpful and pleasant. Breakfast was not outstanding but more than adequate (I mean, really, who cares?). I'll be staying here every time I'm in Richmond from now on.

Room Tip: Third floor. Quiet and smokeless.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
I wanted to take the time to thank you so much for taking the time out to provide us your feedback on Trip Advisor regarding the Best Western Plus-Governor's Inn located in Richmond, Virginia. We really are glad to see that you enjoyed your stay. I know that means a lot to myself and my team. I will definitely pass on your comments to my team. I hope that you will definitely return to see us in the future. Again, thank you for taking the time out to leave your feedback.
Kingsport, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

This hotel rates 9.5 out of 10. Almost everything was excellent, including the room cleanliness, the staff service, the breakfast, the general condition of the interiors. Only a couple slight negatives: the exterior looks a little old, and as some rooms allow smoking, there are guests hanging around smoking outside some entrances. Highly recommend this hotel if you are staying in the Richmond area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I want to thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback on Trip Advisor regarding the Best Western Plus Governors Inn located in Richmond, Virginia. I am so happy to hear that we ranked very highly in our Guest Satisfaction. It really means a lot to myself and my team to see that our hard work really pays off for our guests. I understand the dislike of the smoking rooms. We are in the process of deciding if we would benefit from removing the smoking rooms. Again, I want to thank you for providing us your feedback and we look forward to you returning to see us in the future.
Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

Beautiful motel in an interesting setting. Lots of brick trim and architecture make it visually interesting. We ended up in a handicapper room (3rd floor, with an elevator) and it was exceedingly spacious! Anyone traveling with a wheel chair would not have a problem with this room. Very clean, comfy, firm beds. Air conditioner in room worked very well. Breakfast had a nice variety and was always well tended to. Entire staff was friendly and helpful. My only complaint is that the motel is connected to a bar/restaurant and they had LOUD live music Friday night, plus it was hard to find a space in the parking lot after dark because of all of the people at the bar. I heard the music up on the 3rd floor! Even when they just had karaoke on the other nights it was still loud, but the parking lot at least wasn't as full. However, I would still stay here again, as it is a great facility at a reasonable price.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback on Trip Advisor regarding the Best Western Plus Governors Inn located in Richmond, Virginia. I am very pleased to see that overall you enjoyed your stay and our hotel. I am sorry to hear about the noise and the lack of parking you encountered due to the lounge while you were staying here with us. We will speak with the Owners and Management of the Lounge and see what steps we can take to ensure that our guests are happy when they are open on the weekends. Again, we want to thank you for staying with us and hope that you will return in the near future.
Lansdowne, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

We always stay here whenever we are in the Richmond area. They always are very accommodating and willing to help you in any way they can. The free breakfast food is great. It had a wide selection of cereal, toast, bagels, muffins and more. They have make your own waffles that are great. The eggs and sausage were good too. Fresh fruit, juice, coffee, tea, just about anything you would want is there with an attendant that if nice and friendly. The rooms and amenities are great too.. They even have free hot coffee and cookies in the lobby. The price is great too.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on Trip Advisor regarding the Best Western Plus Governor's Inn located in Richmond, Va. I see that you were pleased with the services that we provided you during your stay from Service to the Breakfast. Thank you for allowing us to provide you with Superior Customer Care. I will share with my staff your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Again, thank you so much for leaving your feedback.
Alexandria, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Quiet property, friendly staff, easy check-in, plentiful parking. Clean and comfortable room, soft bed/pillows, nice cable selection and standard amenities. Morning breakfast included an assortment of cereals, fruit, bagels/muffins, waffles and the like. Pool was open and clean.

Great choice and value for a short stay - we would definitely return.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
I wanted to take the time to thank you for providing your feedback on Trip Advisor regarding the Best Western Plus Governors Inn located in Richmond, Va. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we provided you with Superior Customer Care. I will definitely pass on all these great comments to my staff. I know they will be pleased to hear what a great job they are doing. Again, thank you for providing your feedback on Trip Advisor. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Monroe, NJ, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

Would stay at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, Richmond, VA again because their Staff was professional, polite and caring to our requests and the breakfast area was kept exceptionally clean and well stocked with food and supplies.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I want to take the time to thank you very much for your feedback that you provided on Trip Advisor regarding the Best Western Plus Governors Inn located in Richmond, Va. I am always so glad to hear when a guest has really enjoyed their stay. It means that my team is doing a great job at providing Superior Customer Care to the guest. I hope that you will return to visit us again in the future. Again, thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.