“Great Jamaican Food”

Ranked #542 of 1,623 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Reviewed 28 October 2012

I had a groupon thought i would give it a try....Very good food... I had the jerk chicken. Was seasoned well, the rice was great cabbage was seasoned and tasted so good all comes with the entree....I also good beef patty a favorite and tried the vegetable patty for first time, really good authentic Jamaican food.....the guy who took order was friendly....will definitely eat there again!!!

2  Thank bmoresexy

Reviewed 29 June 2012

I was reluctant to try this restaurant because I am fussy about Jamaican food. I had a veggie patty with cocoa bread and brown and stew red snapper served with rice and peas and cabbage. The veggie patty, rice and peas and cabbage were very good. The red snapper had the potential to be very good but it was a little bland it needed more herbs and spices. I would try this restaurant again It's right across from the VCU Siegel center. This is not really a sit down restaurant it's more of a take out place. I called ahead and picked up my order, this worked out well. I would try this restaurant again. staff was courteous.

1  Thank simplyserious01
Reviewed 1 June 2012 via mobile

This place has the best Jamaican food in the entire Virginia and even DC area. The oxtail, stew chicken, rice and peas and beef parties are out of this world. I've been going here for more than ten years now with no disappointment. I love this restaurant and the food!!

2  Thank Paulajillian
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Went there several times and I felt like I was in Negril all over again. Love there Ox Stew and there Island Chicken dishes!

Reviewed 18 August 2008

This is a Richmond classic for take-out food, best Jamaican food in the area. I go here at least once a week. The smells of spices just hit you at the door, but so does the line of people waiting for take out. But don't worry, they push you through quickly.

All the food is good, it's just straight up Jamacian cruisine, no frills. Oxtails have an especially nice flavor, always see people ordering them and I get them all the time.

It's right at VCU. You'll enjoy the simple wall paintings, but its really not a great place for dining in, just too small, only a few tables and one waiter so don't expect much.

The owner just opened another place called Carrinas w/ a local Chef that's geared to sit-down...foods good there too and the decor is nice for a night out.

1  Thank Kevin94