“Great food.”

CHA Chas Cantina
Ranked #952 of 1,620 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 5 April 2013

As we walk around trying to pick a place for dinner, we found Cha Cha’s. We were not sure about it, but it was after 7 and their happy hour was until 9PM. We had Chips and salsa with an order of guacamole. They chips were warm and the salsa had a mild tang. I ordered the Combo because I was not sue what I wanted more. It came with 1 Soft Taco, 1 enchilada, 1 burrito with side of rice and refried beans. It was great! I could only eat half of each item but I am glad I was able to taste each. For drinks I had 2 red sangrias. They were very good as well. So for Chips, Salsa, guacamole, dinner, and 2 drinks I spent $20 which included a tip. You cannot beat that. I will be back.

There are newer reviews for CHA Chas Cantina

Reviewed 14 March 2013 via mobile

My team and I decided to go out after 11pm on a Wednesday for something to to drink - just one of two drinks and talk. All the places were closed except for this none and another club right next door.

While we were walking down the same block we can hear the loud music which was strange coming out from a Irish pub looking place, at least from the exterior.

I believe this place was gearing up for st. Pattys day. A nice drunken crowd of college students were on the dancing floor. At least I had a sitting spot at the bar. I asked for a beer and the waitress looked at me funny. So I pointed to te bottle on the bar and she had no idea whether they had it or not. I decided to order something on tap since I didn't want to waste time.

My team and I didn't have a place to have a nice conversation but at least we made of all the drunken people on the facing floor and the tumbling people around us. A few ladies almost felt with their drink on top of me and we had to hold her back.

The place was ok. Would have liked to see it as a regular bar with some TVs

Reviewed 31 October 2012

Today October 31st, 2012 I went to this place because it looked full of people and they had this chorizo burger which sounded delicious. The place looked nice inside and inviting. Once I ordered, the waitress brought me the Coca cola that I had ordered and I happened to find a dead cockroach floating in my soda. I told the waitress and all she did was apologize. I ran out of there faster than the speed of light. I have never had something like this happen before!!!

1  Thank Clary T
Reviewed 9 July 2012

With a Mexican restaurant, you can usually tell if its going to be good right off the bat with the chips & salsa. Both average at best. I had the mahi tacos, my wife chicken tacos, and my daughter the veggie burrito. The chicken tacos were the best of the bunch, but the other two were pretty so-so. Service was pretty good, which is why I went 3 stars vs 2. The reality is, there are better Mexican restaurants in Richmond.

Reviewed 7 May 2012

I visited here for dinner on Thursday night- they had a nice drink
special menu that I couldn’t participate in because I am expecting but
it appeared to be a fun hopping place! I had the pork tacos- the pork
was a little sweeter than I preferred (more like bbq pork than pork
that I have had in tacos before) and black beans on the side- the
cucumber salad was nice and refreshing. I had the soppapillas for
desert and they were also very good- the servings here are very big so
consider sharing or take some home for the next day!

1  Thank eclipsethecat
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

We are glad you had a great experience at Cha Cha's!

We hope all is well and that we will be seeing you again soon!