“Good food”

CHA Chas Cantina
Ranked #949 of 1,620 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We were in town for the national bike race and we wanted Mexican and found this near the hotel. Service was fast, food was excellent, and price fair. Only complaint by my wife is they had no wine. Overall a really good experience

There are newer reviews for CHA Chas Cantina

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Around 11pm, I went to visit Cha Cha's last night. I had been waiting all week to go and celebrate. I was with an African American friend and a caucasian friend (I am also African American) and as soon as I step up to get my ID checked, the bouncer says "no leggings" but they allowed girls in with skirts so short you could see their butt cheeks.

2  Thank scenegirlbarbie
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Richmond has a lot of restaurants. They are constantly opening, closing and/or rebranding. The city's residents are obviously fickle when it comes to dining out. I had not been to Cha Chas in a fairly long time, so a friend and I headed there for lunch the other day. When we arrived the place was clearly crowded but there were 3-4 tables still open. The party ahead of us was seated just as we entered. There was a moldy odor to the place, but having eaten here we decided to stay. However, after 10 minutes we left. No one ever greeted us or said they'd seat us in a minute, or two or three. The bar tenders, who are clearly right next to entrance, ignored us. The waiters were clearly underwater with the size of the crowd. Having been completely ignored we decided to leave since it was surely not a good sign for the service to come or quality of the food. There are two new hotels being built about 3 blocks from the restaurant. If Cha Chas wants to survive it needs to definitely undergo a deep cleaning, hire a dedicated hostess, and better train staff. If not, this place will go the way of so many other places in town that last a few years at best and then close down. For now, try other places along Shockoe Slip.

2  Thank FlyRight
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We came for the bar - not the grill. The bartenders were great and we had a truly fun night out for a business trip. Nice crowd, cool place. Would definitely go back!

Reviewed 18 June 2013

We enjoyed the low-key neighborhood joint (for lack of a better term) atmosphere; refreshing for the Shockoe Slip. We ordered Grilled Chicken with Sautéed Shrimp and found the portions large and tasty. Drink prices are value centered and they make excellent Sangria. Service was friendly.

Been to CHA Chas Cantina? Share your experiences!