“Excellent service and food!”
Review of Tarrant's Cafe

Tarrant's Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Tarrant's Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 1,623 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: N. Foushee
Description: Tarrant's Cafe is situated in the Richmond Old and Historic District. It was an important corner bringing drugstore services to nearby residents for over eighty years spanning the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. 130 years later this building is bringing neighborhood service to Richmond’s community with an upscale but affordable restaurant: Tarrants Cafe.
Reviewed 11 May 2014

The ambience is extraordinary. Even though we didnt have a reservation on a busy Friday, the manager made sure to fit my group in. The service was excellent! We had an event to attend after, and the server made it her priority to accomodate us. I can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

This is a wonderful place that mixes south and old homey charm. Food is innovative and southern but not heavy. Went on Easter and it was well run and food was really good. Would definitely go back.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Went to Tarrants for restaurant week. The food, service, and cleanliness was exceptional. Everything we tried was excellent! I would highly recommend it, especially for pre-theater since it is so close. They had valet parking, which was also a plus. Very trendy little place with a traditonal southern/seafood menu. The desserts were also excellent!

The only reason I didnt give it five stars is because the tables in the back for large parties are almost too close together. It was also very hot, not sure if they were having a/c issues.

1  Thank pammax
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I eat out in Richmond a great deal and take pride trying a number of different eateries. Without peer, Tarrant's is my favorite location in Richmond. A great variety on the menu that can please any palate; an atmosphere that has been carefully constructed to make you feel special; and an amazingly team oriented service staff that provide prompt and pleasant service. Not only is it my favorite, but I recommend it to any of my business colleagues who are entertaining guest from out of town.

1  Thank William L
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Not in the greatest area of town, but within walking distance from the Jefferson. Great waitress, cozy & relaxing ambiance, wonderful meal, no rush, prices reasonable. My daughter had salmon & I had scallops - both cooked to perfection. Definitely would eat here again.

1  Thank savvygirl