“Great lunch spot to meet your two beautiful daughters and everyone loved what they ordered !”
Review of Tarrant's Cafe

Tarrant's Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Tarrant's Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 1,719 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: N. Foushee
Description: Tarrant's Cafe is situated in the Richmond Old and Historic District. It was an important corner bringing drugstore services to nearby residents for over eighty years spanning the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. 130 years later this building is bringing neighborhood service to Richmond’s community with an upscale but affordable restaurant: Tarrants Cafe.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Met my two daughters at Tarrant's Cafe for lunch. Both had experienced this restaurant before and raved about the food.We enjoy the same things most of the time...but rarely do we all 3 or 4 agree about the quality, taste, and service at an establishment. No disappointments here ! First class in every way ! Have revisited since several times and they passed my test of consistancy on each occasion. I recommend them highly for a good mid-priced meal !

Write a ReviewReviews (1,311)

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had 4 adult relatives visiting from San Diego. It was a lively scene with lots of folks having cocktails and dinner before going to a concert at the National. Everything was good and the staff was very efficient! Good place to go!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Our server was kind enough to show us a binder with all kinds of history on the building they occupy. The food was really good and reasonably priced.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We had the pleasure of staying at Linden Row Bed and Breakfast and when looking for a place for dinner, within walking distance, they recommended Tarrant's. The food was excellent as was the service. They also have a nice bar which we stopped at in the evening. The history is that it was originally Tarrant's Drug Store and if you look around the restaurant and bar you can still see a few items from the original shop. I highly recommend it for dinner.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

The front desk recommended this to me for dinner. I am traveling alone and the restaurant is only 2 blocks from my hotel. It was delicious. When she told me "cafe", I was expecting a normal cafe, this was an awesome restaurant. I ate the Monte Crisco, it came out unbelievably fast and was delicious, as we're the French fries! The service was excellent and I'm plan to eat there again tomorrow night.

1  Thank 485heidir