“Great food and service”
Review of Tarrant's Cafe

Tarrant's Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Tarrant's Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 1,719 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: N. Foushee
Description: Tarrant's Cafe is situated in the Richmond Old and Historic District. It was an important corner bringing drugstore services to nearby residents for over eighty years spanning the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. 130 years later this building is bringing neighborhood service to Richmond’s community with an upscale but affordable restaurant: Tarrants Cafe.
Reviewed 18 January 2011

One of the best local restaurants, highly recommended!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,311)

Reviewed 22 December 2010

Our waiter was nice and the filet was delicious. The whole atmosphere had a great feel to it and the place was clean. Be sure to make reservations.

Reviewed 13 December 2010

We made a reservation since we had 6 people on a Saturday night pre show dinner. We were seated promptly. The place was packed and people were waiting on line. We had 6 diners and so 6 very different meals.
We ate: mahi mahi dinner, grouper, pizza, meatball sub, manicotti, and a filet mignon. Everyone at the table enjoyed their meals and liked the food, and atmosphere. The waitstaff was very efficient. Our meal came to about 125 dollars. I was the only person who had one glass of wine. 4 had salads and two desserts, one coffee. Not bad pricing for 6.
I would definitely return to this restaurant and it offers a great variety of food for many different palates.

1  Thank movedsouth
Reviewed 23 November 2010

We were in Richmond for the SunTrust Marathon and had gotten advice from a collegue of where to go to eat. On the top of the list was Tarrants Cafe and we found that it was located just a few blocks from where we were staying. We had not made reservations, but that did not seem to be a problem as we were seated promptly. There were so many menu choices that it was hard to decide. However, since we needed to "carb load" prior to the race we had no problems finding delicous sounding "carb-ful" entrees. The bread was so yummy, seemed to be fresh baked and had a wonderful dipping oil with fresh garlic. The side salad was plentiful and the Parmaesam Ranch Dressing was the best we had ever eaten. I chose the Chicken Marsala and it was the best I have ever had! The accompaning sides were brown rice and fresh vegetables. I was so full that I was able to take about half of my meal back to the hotel - thank goodness for a fridge in the room!! My husband had the Penne Pasta A La Vodka - which had jumbo shrimp and roasted red peppers. It does come with asparagus tips, but since he does not prefer them they gladly left those out. Our son chose the Filet Mignon which had a mushroom Marsala sauce and was served with a "man's sized" portion of mashed potatoes. We were too full to even consider dessert - but they did sound tempting. The atmosphere was wonderful. The hostess made us feel like we were family and our server, Tori, was excellent!!! May just have to make a venture back to Richmond just for another meal at this restaurant.

1  Thank 1sillymomma
Reviewed 23 October 2010

went to tarrant's recently with a friend visiting from out of town - loved our dinner (awesome greek salad and the best pizza in richmond) ... when we got home and discovered that my friend had left her wallet at the restaurant, we called them to say we'd be coming right back to pick it up -- instead the bartender (the owner, maybe?) offered to bring the wallet to my house, which he did about an hour later. so nice!
As I said, the food was terrific and the service was great - and this extra special favor makes me love Tarrant's even more.

2  Thank bluelacey