“Not bad”

Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Groups
Glen Allen, Virginia
“Not bad”
Reviewed 6 February 2013

I have come here countless times and the food is not bad. It is never crowded and good. Even though it is nice, I prefer Anokha down the road WAY more. Not saying that this restaurant is bad or anything though.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank Sonny F

“A great find!”
Reviewed 19 November 2012 via mobile

We went there after the Richmond Marathon - the food and service were great. Definitely would go again.

1 Thank Helplawyer
Richmond, Virginia, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our favorite Indian Restaurant”
Reviewed 6 November 2012

My husband and I eat at Malabar Indian Cuisine on a regular basis. We find the food to be consistently delicious and the service excellent. We enjoy the small family, friendly atmosphere. We have tried other Indian Restaurants in Richmond but inevitably return to Malabar.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Donna B
Richmond, Virginia
“Great tradition, great Indian cuisine”
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Malabar is one of the older Indian resturants in Richmond. We like it because it has a great base selection but the chef doesn't mind a hange now and then. While many other Indian resturants have stared in Richmond, Malabar remains our choice.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank William L
Chesterfield, Virginia
“Naan is the best”
Reviewed 18 June 2012

I'm not a huge fan of Indian food, but my daughter is. So we gave Malabar a shot last weekend. I had the butter chicken, and I can't even pronounce what my wife & daughter had, but we all liked our dishes. I really like how they ask you how much spice you want in it. But the highlight is the Naan. I've been to India before on a business trip, and visited 4 cities. I had Naan with my meals everywhere I went, and love it. But....the Naan I had at Malabar Saturday was the best I've ever eaten. Its awesome.

• Visited June 2012