“Lovely local restaurant ”

Osteria del Pesce Rosso
Ranked #4 of 32 Restaurants in Montaione
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ate here 3 times on our recent trip to the area. The food is fantastic particularly the wild bore and the mussels. The only downfall for us were the desserts. They were nothing special and we felt let the restaurant down. This is a small friendly local restaurant. The local wines are very reasonable and the service good. We didn't need to book and would definitely return.

1  Thank love_holidays2140
There are newer reviews for Osteria del Pesce Rosso

Reviewed 26 October 2013

We found this place on the recommendation of our villa owner. It was not too far away so we decided to try it. Don't be fooled by its appearance. Despite literally being a hole in the wall and with a cramped interior, our family of 8 agreed that this was the best seafood we had in Tuscany! I had one of their daily specials, gnocchi and zucchini with vongole. I thought it was a bizzare combination, but it was absolutely delicious! I couldn't get enough of the sauce. My son had a plain pasta with tomato sauce as they were out of the ragu/ meat sauce, and despite the simplicity of the dish, it was by far the best tomato sauce I have ever had! Another highlight was the fritto misto. There was no oil in sight and a very light batter that was used. Flavorful and crunchy, we all agreed it was very well done. I think the only downside of this place is the ambiance. We sat near the staircase that leads to the kitchen downstairs and I felt sorry for the only waiter who was continuously running up and down. But we liked the food so much, our family went back a second night!

Reviewed 18 October 2013

We went here on five occasion's whilst on holiday in late September 2013, Loris, di Gianni and his partner Gianni do a remarkable job at this very popular venue. The menu is extensive and very Tuscany based dishes which are all lovingly prepared and well presented. If you love fish you will love it here. The Main courses were great Fillet Steak in Chianti with Orange sauce, the Mixed Seafood Plate and the Sword Fish, and the Pork Special were all well cooked. Starters did not disappoint either the pasta with Portochini Mushroom and White Truffle sauce was also very good.
Special thanks to all at this restaurant for making the food/eating part of our Tuscany holiday such a good experience.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Although the dining room is rather cramped, we found the food here excellent; we had an impeccable seafood risotto and, which is often not the case in the region, the desserts were excellent. The service was good although impersonal but this restaurant is a cut above all the other nearby restaurnants which we visited during our holiday.Although the restaurant is situated in the old town, there is a superb panoramic view just a couple of minutes walk away.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

five of us ate here midweek in August. It was packed and we were glad we'd booked as people were turned away. The food was fantastic we didnt have wine as we had to drive but we all had starters. The bill was only about £20 per head. I we lived locally we'd definitely be regulars.