“Great rooms and the best restaurant in town right downstairs!”
Review of Locanda Lo Scudo

Locanda Lo Scudo
Ranked #9 of 19 Soave B&B and Inns
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great rooms and the best restaurant in town right downstairs!”
Reviewed 17 July 2012

This hotel is just outside the walled town of Soave and the 4 rooms are right above the restaurant. Rooms are large, tastefully furnished with very modern bathrooms with marble floors. The breakfast was the only disappointment, consisting of packaged items and juices in the small refridgerators, since the restaurant isn't open early in the day.
Be sure and book a table at the restaurant in advance for weekend nights. Our first meal was lunch and it was superb. The menu is the same for lunch and dinner.
We enjoyed Soave and our stay at Locanda Lo Scudo. Our hostess was busy with restaurant duties but when the air coniditioning went out overnight on Friday, she moved us to another vacant room.

Room Tip: Any of the rooms are good, we saw 3 of the 4. All are modern and tastefully furnished and wi-fi is...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Polish first
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Locanda la Scudo is a little villa with a restaurant on the ground floor and 4 rooms on 2 floors. It is located at the gates of the ancient walls around the historical center of Soave, a little provincial town famous for its white wines. The owners are very amicable, friendly, hospitable people, and though the reception is closed on Sundays (and I arrived on Sunday) and they provided me with a phone number to call when I arrive, so that they could come and open the hotel, in fact, when I did arrive, the lady had already been waiting for me there. The day was hot and she immediately offered me a glass of water. Then she walked me around the villa, showing my room (spacious, with a mini-fridge, TV, also quite spacious bathroom, with dry herbs placed everywhere creating a fabulous fragrance), the sitting room with a coffee-machine, and handing the keys to the entrance door and my room to me. I was to be all by myself that day there, as there were no other guests, nor were there the owners. So, I could feel myself the owner of the villa.
Everything for the breakfast could be found in the mini-fridge in the room and in the sitting room. The only bad thing was that I came to Soave just for a night. I wish I could stay there longer to enjoy the hospitality and the home atmosphere of the Locanda la Scudo. But I hope to come back there one day.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Elena-Gioia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Soave
Hotel Roxy Plaza
#5 of 19 in Soave
Antica Corte
Antica Corte
#4 of 19 in Soave

Been to Locanda Lo Scudo? Share your experiences!