So, firstly I would like to say I paid under £200 per person for flights and all inclusive in this hotel so for that reason , I would give it 5/5!!!
We went to Malta in December so it was reasonably quiet over there. The hotel did special deals for long stays (6 - 12 weeks) so the hotel was pretty full but with mainly elderly who were their just to escape the cold damp UK. This was not a problem but everything was pretty much geared up for them!! The entertainment was shocking but luckily, we went to Malta purely to visit as many places as we could in the week we were there.
Location wise, the hotel is perfect. It's an easy walk in to the centre and there is a bus stop almost right outside. We bought a weekly ticket for around £10 and we travelled everywhere by bus. It was very easy!!
The room was rubbish. We looked out of the window and were actually 2 feet below the outside pool area! Roms were tiny but comfortable. The air con didn't work and neither did the heating and as it was quite chilly at night, I did ask if they could rectify this. The hotel sent someone up straight away and the in hotel rep was excellent. He kept checking we were OK and if there was anything he could do to make our stay better...All the staff there were excellent, the only few who were rude were British which was a shame!
The food was OK actually. A good selection at breakfast. Just watch the pensioners stealing as much food at breakfast as they can tucking it into their bags to have for lunch as the majority weren't on all inclusive so were only entitled to breakfast and dinner, however this didn't phase them. I saw one take about 15 slices of bread and a whole mug full of tea bags!! This behaviour kind of ruined the way the hotel was run. To get a drink you had to go to the till and show them your key card with room number on it, then your all inclusive band. They then rung the drink through the till (even though it was free!!) you then had to leave the till area, with the receipt and order your drink. It was like this at the main bar and the pool bar!!
Lunch and dinner was different everyday, my husband is quite fussy but he enjoyed the food here! There was always chips and a pasta station. They had a roast of some kind every day and things like stews. The pastries were amazing...We found out since that the Maltese love their cakes and pastries and they do them very well!!
All in all a good trip and perfect stay for the money we paid. I have seen packages to this hotel at £450 plus during the summer...If I had paid that amount I would have been seriously unhappy but as such, I didn't and the hotel was perfect for what we wanted it for.
Malta is a fantastic place and am looking forward to returning in the near future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Topaz Hotel is a 326 room non-smoking 3 star hotel (as classified by the Malta Tourism Authority) that first opened its doors to customers in 1987. Situated in a quiet part of St. Paul's Bay (Geographical co-ordinates: 35.9469, 14.41209), 700 metres from Bugibba's main square and 800 meters from Bugibba's sea front promenade and its rocky beach. The Malta National Aquarium, the Empire Cinemas as well as the Bird Park are also in the vicinity of the hotel. The accommodation is split over 5 floors in three buildings (with an underpass linking two buildings) having six lifts and has rooms with balcony with internal residential street views or views of the outdoor pool (subject to a paid upgrade) as well as rooms without a balcony. All rooms include a bath or shower and the use of a fridge. A safe is available at a charge of €1.50 per room per day. A flat screen TV with various channels completes the room amenities. The rooms are air-conditioned and heated (times may apply) and rooms may be checked in from 14:00 and all rooms have to be checked out by 11:00. The hotel operates a 24/7 reception desk as well as a pub (closed in the summer months) and a restaurant serving self service buffet meals, a hairdresser, a massage parlour a souvenir shop, hospitality desks, vending machines with hot and cold drinks. The topaz is a free wifi hotel. all areas including the rooms have free wi fi access via facebook entry. The hotel has a multi-use area, 2 small conference rooms and a large hall. The hotel also provides a free four day a week service to Mellieha Bay during the summer months, bookable at the reception desk. The large outdoor pool, which was re-constructed in 1995, has free sunbeds for in-house clients. Bus stop "Pijunieri" is around 300 metres away from the hotel and can take you further north or towards Valletta. The Topaz hotel team wishes you a good stay with a good/price relation service. Anything we can do to ensure this kindly contact our duty managers, head receptionist, housekeeper, maintenance team member. The Topaz Hotel staff shall see to your requirements whilst you are still in resort as nothing can be done after your departure.Kindly contact our duty managers whilst in resort. Any requests for anniversary, birthday, newlyweds, special occasion presents, food and drink can be quoted separately by our catering department. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotel.de, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Topaz Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Topaz Aparthotel Hotel St. Paul`s Bay
- Topaz Aparthotel And Casino
- Topaz Hotel Malta