Little did we know we would have passed such a superb weekend break at the Topaz Hotel.
Check-in : We were welcomed upon check-in by a sweet and kind lady who made us feel welcome. After just a few minutes, the time to just sign a document, we were directed to our room.
Room : We were surprised to have been upgraded to a pool view room at no extra charge. The room was clean and tidy and all was functioal and in place. What we found was already beyond our expectations for the price we paid.
Restaurant : Here, my wife and I, were even more surprise. the warm welcome by the hostess at the entrance, the set-up of all the tables, the buffet display, the cleanliness etc. We were immediately directed to our table and a waiter asked us if we would like to order drinks, After choosing our usual wine, only a few minutes )or seconds) passed that we were presented with our choice. The gentleman serving us knew his job, knew how to open a bottle of wine and also pour it to be tasted (that's pretty rare in hotels). After having our sip of wine we were directed to the buffet ... here again ... big surprise ... a vast choice of well displayed antipasti, starters and main courses and deserts.
Food : Here we have reached the TOP ... both breakfast and dinner ... every single item seemed so delicately prepared and displayed. All food tasted so delicately good. It was impossible for us to taste all the items during our weekend break however we seem to have gone beyond our norm (our scales confimred this).
Pub : a warm and British old style pub with wooden decor and benches, TVs all around suitable for a hard core football fan (me). Prices are very decent, service is good and the atmosphere was pretty jolly with all the tourists coming from different countries.
To conclude, all I can is is that we will definately return to the Topaz for another weekend break and maybe come over with our kids in warmer months so they can enjoy the large pool and pool deck and indoor pool. For sure it will remain a weekend to remember and to recomend to all our realatives and friends..
Last but not least, the hotel seems to have been taken over by a new management (this is what we were told), so all I can say is a well done to this new management auguring them to keep up the high standards and quality we have been delivered with.
Chapeau to all and keep it up.
You will see us again for sure !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Topaz Hotel is a 326 room non-smoking 3 star hotel (as classified by the Malta Tourism Authority) that first opened its doors to customers in 1987. Situated in a quiet part of St. Paul's Bay (Geographical co-ordinates: 35.9469, 14.41209), 700 metres from Bugibba's main square and 800 meters from Bugibba's sea front promenade and its rocky beach. The Malta National Aquarium, the Empire Cinemas as well as the Bird Park are also in the vicinity of the hotel. The accommodation is split over 5 floors in three buildings (with an underpass linking two buildings) having six lifts and has rooms with balcony with internal residential street views or views of the outdoor pool (subject to a paid upgrade) as well as rooms without a balcony. All rooms include a bath or shower and the use of a fridge. A safe is available at a charge of €1.50 per room per day. A flat screen TV with various channels completes the room amenities. The rooms are air-conditioned and heated (times may apply) and rooms may be checked in from 14:00 and all rooms have to be checked out by 11:00. The hotel operates a 24/7 reception desk as well as a pub (closed in the summer months) and a restaurant serving self service buffet meals, a hairdresser, a massage parlour a souvenir shop, hospitality desks, vending machines with hot and cold drinks. The topaz is a free wifi hotel. all areas including the rooms have free wi fi access via facebook entry. The hotel has a multi-use area, 2 small conference rooms and a large hall. The hotel also provides a free four day a week service to Mellieha Bay during the summer months, bookable at the reception desk. The large outdoor pool, which was re-constructed in 1995, has free sunbeds for in-house clients. Bus stop "Pijunieri" is around 300 metres away from the hotel and can take you further north or towards Valletta. The Topaz hotel team wishes you a good stay with a good/price relation service. Anything we can do to ensure this kindly contact our duty managers, head receptionist, housekeeper, maintenance team member. The Topaz Hotel staff shall see to your requirements whilst you are still in resort as nothing can be done after your departure.Kindly contact our duty managers whilst in resort. Any requests for anniversary, birthday, newlyweds, special occasion presents, food and drink can be quoted separately by our catering department. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Jet2Holidays , TravelUp, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Topaz Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Topaz Aparthotel Hotel St. Paul`s Bay
- Topaz Aparthotel And Casino
- Topaz Hotel Malta