have just returned from a week at the Topaz with a girlfriend. I stayed there last year and it was lively and buzzing. Returning this year there were noticeable differences, in particular the management of the hotel everything seemed to be done by a different company. The reception, the laundry, the cleaning the entertainment and the catering. they definitely were not taking to each other. On the positive side. the rooms were clean the laundry was clean and the staff were very friendly and very helpful. I have a very restricted diet and only had to ask the head waiter at meal times and the chef was very happy to oblige and couldn't be more helpful. we had to make 3 room changes due to the first night/morning chairs being dragged along the floor above us from 6am until 8. (3346) 8/4 to 15/4) we complained and they changed us to another room although not the same with a kitchenette(3331) we then got changed to a room with kitchenette and a pool view (3356). which was a bonus and very nice. Not the hotels fault. the entertainment was very little, Friday Saturday and Sunday night. although the notice boards did not tell you where or what time, so the poor 3 artists played to empty rooms. it is early in the season so maybe that was the reason. Overall, we would not stay here again, as someone said there are much better deals around Malta. However the food was much improved.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Topaz Hotel is a 326 room non-smoking 3 star hotel (as classified by the Malta Tourism Authority) that first opened its doors to customers in 1987. Situated in a quiet part of St. Paul's Bay (Geographical co-ordinates: 35.9469, 14.41209), 700 metres from Bugibba's main square and 800 meters from Bugibba's sea front promenade and its rocky beach. The Malta National Aquarium, the Empire Cinemas as well as the Bird Park are also in the vicinity of the hotel. The accommodation is split over 5 floors in three buildings (with an underpass linking two buildings) having six lifts and has rooms with balcony with internal residential street views or views of the outdoor pool (subject to a paid upgrade) as well as rooms without a balcony. All rooms include a bath or shower and the use of a fridge. A safe is available at a charge of €1.50 per room per day. A flat screen TV with various channels completes the room amenities. The rooms are air-conditioned and heated (times may apply) and rooms may be checked in from 14:00 and all rooms have to be checked out by 11:00. The hotel operates a 24/7 reception desk as well as a pub (closed in the summer months) and a restaurant serving self service buffet meals, a hairdresser, a massage parlour a souvenir shop, hospitality desks, vending machines with hot and cold drinks. The topaz is a free wifi hotel. all areas including the rooms have free wi fi access via facebook entry. The hotel has a multi-use area, 2 small conference rooms and a large hall. The hotel also provides a free four day a week service to Mellieha Bay during the summer months, bookable at the reception desk. The large outdoor pool, which was re-constructed in 1995, has free sunbeds for in-house clients. Bus stop "Pijunieri" is around 300 metres away from the hotel and can take you further north or towards Valletta. The Topaz hotel team wishes you a good stay with a good/price relation service. Anything we can do to ensure this kindly contact our duty managers, head receptionist, housekeeper, maintenance team member. The Topaz Hotel staff shall see to your requirements whilst you are still in resort as nothing can be done after your departure.Kindly contact our duty managers whilst in resort. Any requests for anniversary, birthday, newlyweds, special occasion presents, food and drink can be quoted separately by our catering department. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotel.de, Ebookers, Expedia, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Topaz Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Topaz Aparthotel Hotel St. Paul`s Bay
- Topaz Aparthotel And Casino
- Topaz Hotel Malta