stayed here from 17/6/14-24/7/14 2 girls aged 30... Checked in to find the receptionists had hardly any english. They cared less if you were there gave us our room and and basically just told us to find our own way. It took us ages to find our room going between different floors. The hotel itself was old fashioned musty smelling and reminded me of being in a hospital. Very long tiny corridors and the lifts were tiny 4 people and it was crammed. We had a studio apartment basic was not the word but clean and fresh towels every day and beds made, rubbish cleared etc every day.Our balcony view looking into locals room windows I could actually see people in their towels so getting dressed every day was a drama trying not to be caught by some roving eye!!!there was a pub jus down from our room veeerrryyy noisy at weekend. and also locals very noisy with loads of dogs barking!! The pool was nice a little dirty some days and if you wanted to be in a creche at the weekends the locals would come to the hotel and it was just packed with families and young kids crazy!!! the bar staff at the pool were quite rude your not allowed to bring your own water down but they expect you to buy a small bottle of water for €2.50. food was extremely greasy and was not very pleasent. breakfast was the same every morning greasy fry ups... not very much to choose from on the healthy side. we had to pay for our safe which was already in the room which to me is ridiculous!! on departing we were to evacuate the room at 11.00 am so to stay on you had to pay €20... Hotel staff did not have any idea of the area and what there was to do or how to get about places, very unhelpful. Buggiba itself not for young people...go to St Julian's!! Overall if your over 60 or if you have kids go to Topaz!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Topaz Hotel is a 326 room non-smoking 3 star hotel (as classified by the Malta Tourism Authority) that first opened its doors to customers in 1987. Situated in a quiet part of St. Paul's Bay (Geographical co-ordinates: 35.9469, 14.41209), 700 metres from Bugibba's main square and 800 meters from Bugibba's sea front promenade and its rocky beach. The Malta National Aquarium, the Empire Cinemas as well as the Bird Park are also in the vicinity of the hotel. The accommodation is split over 5 floors in three buildings (with an underpass linking two buildings) having six lifts and has rooms with balcony with internal residential street views or views of the outdoor pool (subject to a paid upgrade) as well as rooms without a balcony. All rooms include a bath or shower and the use of a fridge. A safe is available at a charge of €1.50 per room per day. A flat screen TV with various channels completes the room amenities. The rooms are air-conditioned and heated (times may apply) and rooms may be checked in from 14:00 and all rooms have to be checked out by 11:00. The hotel operates a 24/7 reception desk as well as a pub (closed in the summer months) and a restaurant serving self service buffet meals, a hairdresser, a massage parlour a souvenir shop, hospitality desks, vending machines with hot and cold drinks. The topaz is a free wifi hotel. all areas including the rooms have free wi fi access via facebook entry. The hotel has a multi-use area, 2 small conference rooms and a large hall. The hotel also provides a free four day a week service to Mellieha Bay during the summer months, bookable at the reception desk. The large outdoor pool, which was re-constructed in 1995, has free sunbeds for in-house clients. Bus stop "Pijunieri" is around 300 metres away from the hotel and can take you further north or towards Valletta. The Topaz hotel team wishes you a good stay with a good/price relation service. Anything we can do to ensure this kindly contact our duty managers, head receptionist, housekeeper, maintenance team member. The Topaz Hotel staff shall see to your requirements whilst you are still in resort as nothing can be done after your departure.Kindly contact our duty managers whilst in resort. Any requests for anniversary, birthday, newlyweds, special occasion presents, food and drink can be quoted separately by our catering department. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Ebookers, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Topaz Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Topaz Aparthotel Hotel St. Paul`s Bay
- Topaz Aparthotel And Casino
- Topaz Hotel Malta