“Good Stuff!”
Review of Aquatica

Aquatica
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to Malta & Aquatica 5 Star Dive Centre, where dedication and professionalism come together to form a friendly environment that you can trust.Come join the adventure of diving in Malta and let us be your trusted guides to a memorable diving experience that you will never forget.Our service provides all divers with enjoyable, flexible and highly customised packages. With a fresh and friendly attitude we aim to ensure everyone enjoys a great day.OPEN ALL YEAR ROUND
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Good Stuff!”
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I booked the Discover Scuba Diving half day and had Alex and Andy as our guides. Andy is training as an instructor and a bug thumbs up for him. He was very thorough and knew exactly what he was on about. Alex took a back seat role and monitored the situation ensuring all was well.

Pretty early on my girlfriend realised it wasnt for her and decided to take no further part but that was down to the diving itself, not the service. She just couldn't get on with the restrictive nature and weight of the diving gear. Obviously it doesn't feel right for everyone.

I loved the experience. The guys knew their stuff, the equipment was all explained and in good condition. Most importantly I got the sense these guys knew what they were doing.

I really want to do my open water diver course now and if back in Malta I'd not hesitate to use Aquatica.

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
Derry, United Kingdom
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Good Try Dive Experience”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My daughter was adamant that she wanted to try diving when visiting Malta so we booked the try dive experience. I booked online and any queries were answered promptly by Daryl by email. On the day, we were picked up from our hotel & taken to the Dive Centre to be fitted with our gear. It was busy soon after we arrived & a little hectic with everyone trying to get organised with other customers almost taking the wrong gear! Due to the weather we were taken to a quiet part of St.Paul's Bay as the water is calmer for beginners. The only thing that was a little awkward was that some local residents were having an early morning dip & were reluctant to move out of our way! I suppose understandable if they are always inconvenienced by the arrival of tourists. Our instructor John was very good putting us at ease as my daughter had second thoughts once she got into the water. At times though he swam on ahead & forgot to pay attention to what we were doing which left us feeling as if we had to always try & catch up. All in all it was a very worthwhile experience. Remember it is not 3 hours in the water but more like 30-40 mins with a 10 minute lesson before going into the water. Believe me though this is long enough in the water by the time you get used to breathing etc. The 3 hours refers to the pickup, kit out, travel to dive location, dive & then waiting to be picked up & returned to hotel. I would definitely use Aquatica again for a longer course!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank WeeLulu
Darlington, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Amazing week of diving”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We have just returned from a week in Malta and dived for 6 days in a row with Aquatica with fun dives and taking our Advanced Course. We were completely impressed with our experience from very beginning to end. My husband had emailed Daryl on several occasions prior to our arrival and always received very prompt and informative replies. When we arrived at the shop we were fitted up with good equipment and always picked up and dropped off at our hotel on time. We were extremely lucky to be given John as our instructor/guide and cannot praise him highly enough. We are a family of 3, mum, dad and 16 yr old son and John was able to relate to us all as individuals. We did have a few small problems along the way particularly with our son's ears as he was just recovering from a head cold. We needed to do a deep dive as part of the course and John was so understanding and patient with the 'ear' saga. Each time the deep dive had to be aborted he turned the situation into a positive, always encouraging our son to say that he had gone a bit deeper than before and turning the dive into a pleasurable experience. By the second to last day, the deep dive was accomplished and all was well. At all times we felt very well looked after, particularly by John but also enjoyed meeting Daryl, Simon and Alex. We feel we have come on in leaps and bounds as divers and cannot wait to return to Malta to continue our experience with Aquatica. Cannot praise them highly enough and would recommend them to everyone. They also made you feel part of their team and we enjoyed helping load and unload the gear up as it added to the experience. We also had a fair few laughs along the way especially during the navigation exercise when I think we(the parents) even amazed John with our initial attempts!! Fortunately our son saved the family name and he will always be our navigator if ever required when diving. John accommodated all our wishes, especially as I wanted to start using my underwater camera for the first time and he moved the itinerary around to ensure the dive sites best suited the weather and conditions on each particular day.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Nicky S
Oxford, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“thanks”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

went to malta for my birthday as a solo traveller. while there decided to give a discover dive ago. i booked through my rep which was so easy for me she gave me time of pick up and away i go. John picked me up at 730 infront of my hotel and took me out to the shop where he fitted me out when then took the short drive down to the bay where he went throw safety and equipment before gearing me up and himself. John was absolutely brilliant i was very nervous and he put me at ease unfortunately my nerves got the better of me after being in the water for about 20 minutes we done alot on the surface but i just couldnt submerge myself i said this to john who tried to reassure me but i had passed the point of no return and called it off BIG thanks to john for understanding and being supportive

Visited January 2014
1 Thank christickles
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good time!”
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

I went to those guys during my semester abroad. It was my first diving experience. And it was awesome. John, our coach introduced us to the suits and techniques very carefully. So even if you are anxious about diving he will make you feel comfortable. Transportation from our flat and back has been offered for cheap prices. I can only recommend it!

1 Thank Yuliyan I