“Fun, Friendly and Professional!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Maltaqua

Maltaqua
More attraction details
Owner description: We are the main dive centre in St Paul's Bay and organise daily scuba dive trips for all levels of divers. If you are looking to learn to dive, we have a team of 12 Instructors able to teach in a number of languages. For those of you just wishing to try diving while on holiday, we offer "try dive" lessons every afternoon at 13:00. We have a fully stocked shop with the best selection of good value snorkeling equipment, or if you prefer to hire, you are welcome to come in and rent some snorkeling gear on a day or weekly basis.
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fun, Friendly and Professional!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

Just returned from 10 days fantastic diving with Maltaqua in Malta with 20 friends.
It goes without saying that the actual diving was superb and the numerous dive sites provided varied diving for all abilities... from a 55m dive on to the submarine HMS Stubborn to a beautiful 13m dive to HMS Maori is in St Elmo Bay.
However, what makes diving in Malta such a pleasure is the family run Maltaqua Dive Centre. From the moment you arrive Simone, Anna and Agnes look after all your diving needs with a big smile and even sometimes a cup of coffee!!!
Tanks are filled efficiently, kit well organised and boat dives (if you want them) are planned to perfection...
This was my fifth time in Malta and I have enjoyed each visit more than the last - in no small way down to the excellent team at Maltaqua!
Watch out - I'll be back...

Visited May 2012
2 Thank amclanders

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Group diving trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

I have just returned from Malta and felt it only right to thank all the staff at Maltaqua for the excellent service they provide.

We had a group of 12 qualified divers and 2 people doing their advanced open water qualification. The service and knowleged they provided was excellent.

One of our divers had a problem with his ear and they arranged a doctor to have him checked out, thankfully he was fine.

The dive sites and boat trips recomended were again excellent.

Thanks again to all the staff.

Would highly recommend using this dive shop for any future visits to Malta.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Lee C
Bristol, United Kingdom
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Fabulous Dive Centre”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

I used Maltaqua having been recommended by my local Dive Centre. They are a friendly, professional team led my Agnes and Simone.

I went to Malta not really knowing what the diving would be like but I was not disappointed. There is a great mix of wreck diving which meets the needs for those who are not very experience to those who are seasoned divers and need a challenge. They also arrange for trips to Gozo to do other dives such as the inland sea and blue hole for a small extra charge on top of their already extremely competitive rates.

The really great thing is that Maltaqua have their own apartments which are only a 5 mins walk to the dive centre. They are very well priced, spacious, clean and in a safe area so going out in the evening for your evening meal after your dives is no problem and there is also a underground
drying area for your kit.

As a Dive centre Maltaqua is well stocked with dive gear to rent. They have all sizes so everyone is catered for. They also have a great set of Divemasters and Instructors who are there to help and show you the best dives in the area.

All in all would I use another Dive Centre when going to Malta - No! Maltaqua are the best on the island and have an extremely well regarded Centre of Excellence.

When thinking of going diving in Malta only use Maltaqua - you will not regret it

Visited October 2011
1 Thank Shazza24_10
Hungerford
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great family diving experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

We've just had a great week with Maltaqua with our 4 boys aged 9 - 19 yrs old. We stayed in their lovely Sands apartment and our 19 yr old did the 4 day PADI course while the rest of us did a couple of try dives each. When we weren't diving Agnes suggested sight-seeing trips and helped us organise transport. Diving instructors Will and Antonio and all the staff were incredibly professional yet friendly and flexible so we felt well taken care of and had lots of fun.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Penny L
Taunton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2011

This was my first Dive abroad holiday since becoming a certified diver in the UK. Maltaqua's service was excellent, instructors and D/M's were all so helpful. The diving was fantastic and safety was always a priority. Diving with Maltaqua has given me so much confidence. I highly recommend diving with Maltaqua no matter what level of diiver you are as they cater for everyone. My partner who is an ex dive instructor himself said the diving was as good as his Red Sea diving! We also stayed in Maltaqua's own Sands Apartments which were excellent and the wash room for your kit was a godsend. I can not fault them and we are planning our next holiday with Maltaqua.

Visited September 2011