Went on sunday 24th of July for 9 nights.
Everytime we go away theres always something wrong with delays or the hotel or something else.. But this holiday was just the best.
The Dolmen Hotel is excellent, we paid £540 for B&B with a sea view (room 469) for 9 nights, We went for my partners 40th, some other family members also came to Malta but couldn't afford to stay at Dolmen so they styaed at Bugibba complex, which was like a prison!! Warning don't stay at bugibba complex!!!! They spent all there time at our hotel using its facilities, we tried to book them into Dolmen with us after 2nd night but the hotel was full for all of our duration here..
The room we had must of had the best views as we were on the 4th floor in the middle of hotel overlooking the pool and the sea, it was beautiful sat watching the sunset. The rooms were cleaned everyday, towels changed when u leave them in the bath.. and they change bed linen if u ask the cleaners to do it.. The bathroom was a good size all modern and clean. Shower not as powerful as i liked it but it works fine. The aircon was great, it was very hot outside so was lovely to have good aircon that works.. we actually had to get under cover at night as it was so cool, we turned it down the next night. I'm glad i brought my own hairdryer else would of been there a while trying to use theres, it wasn't powerful.
The Breakfast was lovely, had everything u could wish for, full english, fruit, cheese meats breads etc... the coffee and juice was good too.
We used the pool with the swim up bar mainly which was great, prices were good. U can put your drinks on the room bill so u dont have to worry about taking money with u. There are 3 other pools too, the one by cafe' Delos is quieter if u want a peaceful swim.. The other 2 pools are down by the sea and are salt water pools.
There are lots of bars in the hotel to choose from, the main bar in hotel does buy on get one free on any drink 1900-2000 everynight which was good. We loved cafe' Delos the food was amazing and the cakes... that coffee and walnut cake is to die for, u can get a latte for 1.50 which is cheap compared to back home.
I could babble on all day about this hotel and malta, recommened to couples and familys. I'm hoping to come back 1st of october with my 8yr old son as he would love it. All in all people this a great 4 star + hotel, All the staff were friendly and helpful, the entertainment staff by pool were great for keeping kids and adults entertained. almost forgot about the spa.. I treated us to a full body massage on his birthday which was great and cost 60 euro each for full body massage, facial, indian head massage and foot reflexology.The manager even put a birthday card and a voucher for a bottle of wine through our door for Waynes birthday which we thought was lovely. Could not fault this hotel one bit.. Highly recommened to all..
Thanks for a great holiday, hopefully be back in october :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful located at the waters edge, the 4 star hotel boasts 375 guest rooms and 38 highly finished superior rooms and suites with panoramic views of the Mediterranean Sea and St. Paul's Islands. All bedrooms and suites are fully air-conditioned, centrally, heated and have their own private bathroom, safe deposit box, satellite TV, direct dial telephone, radio, mini-bar and hair dryers. The majority of the rooms have a balcony or terrace.The hotel's general facilities include a Conferece Centre, Casino, an A La Carte Restaurant, Buffet Restaurant, Piano Lobby Bar, Cafeteria, Swim-Up Bar, Night Club and Caribbean Style Beach Club offering a variety of water-sports, a Diving Centre, Bars and Restaurant. Four outdoor swimming pools are located within the hotel together with one dedicated for children. The newly designed Spa incorporates state of the art Therapy rooms with the latest equipment as well as a Fitness Room, Indoor Pool with hydro massage and sauna. Animation Activities are provided on a daily basis together with a kids club during the summer months. A regular entertainment is held during the evenings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , TravelUp, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, Onthebeach, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dolmen Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dolmen Hotel St. Paul`s Bay
- Dolmen Hotel St Pauls Bay
- Dolmen Hotel Malta
- Dolmen Resort Hotel Malta