I was in Malta for some business and turned it into a short holiday. The dolmen was fantastic. The room was fine, with a balcony and air conditioning that worked, very modern. The lay out of the place is excellent with several pools on terraces leading to the sea. Though there is no sand, the tiled beach area is large and comfortable, with beach chairs, umbrellas and an attentive staff. Kids tended to stay in the kids pool area, adults by the sea. A great mix of families, couples and singles of many nationalities. Buffet breakfast was overwhelming standard, but, many different restaurants in the area for great local and Italian dishes. And, the island is simply beautiful, Valletta an incredibly gorgeous, small, well planned baroque city. And the Caravaggio of John the Baptist , in the cathedral of the same name, is a must see for anyone, art lover or not. A great spot, too often overlooked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful located at the waters edge, the 4 star hotel boasts 375 guest rooms and 38 highly finished superior rooms and suites with panoramic views of the Mediterranean Sea and St. Paul's Islands. All bedrooms and suites are fully air-conditioned, centrally, heated and have their own private bathroom, safe deposit box, satellite TV, direct dial telephone, radio, mini-bar and hair dryers. The majority of the rooms have a balcony or terrace.The hotel's general facilities include a Conferece Centre, Casino, an A La Carte Restaurant, Buffet Restaurant, Piano Lobby Bar, Cafeteria, Swim-Up Bar, Night Club and Caribbean Style Beach Club offering a variety of water-sports, a Diving Centre, Bars and Restaurant. Four outdoor swimming pools are located within the hotel together with one dedicated for children. The newly designed Spa incorporates state of the art Therapy rooms with the latest equipment as well as a Fitness Room, Indoor Pool with hydro massage and sauna. Animation Activities are provided on a daily basis together with a kids club during the summer months. A regular entertainment is held during the evenings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dolmen Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dolmen Hotel St. Paul`s Bay
- Dolmen Hotel St Pauls Bay
- Dolmen Hotel Malta
- Dolmen Resort Hotel Malta