Hi I stayed here with some friends recently and was very excited by the website and the fact this is a 4 star hotel.
However on arrival there was rowdy football teams and young people who shouted and had parties all the time. For me this was a big put off espically since it was tolerated by the hotel.
- the rooms were that thin you could hear people having sex or moving above
- The 'free wifi' advertised on the dolmen website is a lie and there is no free wifi. All you get is 30 mins of free wifi per stay. Once it's gone it's gone and you pay 1 euro a hour for internet. The internet isn't powerful enough for laptop use and only tablet.
- The swimming pool and spa is constantly fully booked so if your going for 7 days or 2 weeks then I'd book well in advance. The swimming pool is also very small and shallow. Therefore it cannot fit more than 5 people in it. The whirlpool also never works and the sauna is the same in that it is extremely small and can only fit around 5 people in it.
- The hotel staff do try and help you and understand/speak good english
- The resort is in a safe location
- The maids will change your bed everyday and do a good job, no need to ask!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful located at the waters edge, the 4 star hotel boasts 375 guest rooms and 38 highly finished superior rooms and suites with panoramic views of the Mediterranean Sea and St. Paul's Islands. All bedrooms and suites are fully air-conditioned, centrally, heated and have their own private bathroom, safe deposit box, satellite TV, direct dial telephone, radio, mini-bar and hair dryers. The majority of the rooms have a balcony or terrace.The hotel's general facilities include a Conferece Centre, Casino, an A La Carte Restaurant, Buffet Restaurant, Piano Lobby Bar, Cafeteria, Swim-Up Bar, Night Club and Caribbean Style Beach Club offering a variety of water-sports, a Diving Centre, Bars and Restaurant. Four outdoor swimming pools are located within the hotel together with one dedicated for children. The newly designed Spa incorporates state of the art Therapy rooms with the latest equipment as well as a Fitness Room, Indoor Pool with hydro massage and sauna. Animation Activities are provided on a daily basis together with a kids club during the summer months. A regular entertainment is held during the evenings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , TravelUp, Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Dolmen Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dolmen Hotel St. Paul`s Bay
- Dolmen Hotel St Pauls Bay
- Dolmen Hotel Malta
- Dolmen Resort Hotel Malta